Home | About | Donate

Ralph Nader Asks Former First Ladies: Why No "Heartfelt Concern for Tens of Thousands of Children Killed or Seriously Maimed" by Their Husbands' Wars?

Ralph Nader Asks Former First Ladies: Why No "Heartfelt Concern for Tens of Thousands of Children Killed or Seriously Maimed" by Their Husbands' Wars?

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Noted consumer advocate and author Ralph Nader on Friday offered a sharp retort to Laura Bush and Michelle Obama in response to the former first ladies levied criticism at the Trump administration's cruel immigration policy that separated immigrant children from their families.

Time to be honest with ourselves “War is not good for children or other living things”.

Trump is a mass murderer–Obama is a mass murderer-Bush is a mass murderer. Some how with the illusion of the state people think all this killing is ok. KARMA IS REAL! SUPPORT INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM—SUPPORT THE COMMONS------and yes the commons is real unlike these made up national police states created by the elites.

Thank you, Ralph.
Ralph Nader, the man who did more to protect Americans from dangerous corporations than any politician ever did.
And unfairly slagged for the election stolen from Gore in 2000!

Time to be honest with ourselves : Both Duopoly parties (Democrats and Republicans) are in it only for “themselves” and their “benefactors.”

We the People must have representation.

We cannot get it from them.

We must bury our mistakes, and move on.

I agree but is it possible. How do we change the two party mindset in the United States. Kind of reminds me of Monty Python with the silly party and very silly party skits.

People who can’t tell the difference between the two parties are blind.

No one is saying there is no difference, it is just that the difference isn’t big enough.

Love you always Ralph! I am asking the same question except Hillary needs to answer as well.

Ralph is 100% right!!! Hypocrite First Ladies. Some children matter, some don’t. Their smiles disgust me.

Broken –

Can you actually deny that the Democratic Party has moved hugely to the right –
and steadily – through the last 4-5 decades?

The most you can say about the Dem Party is that it moved more slowly to the right –
but it is still the wrong direction and a danger to all of us.

A party which is moving in the SAME direction as the opposing party is not opposing it
as much as going along with it.

The differences you see are very minor in the long run which is what we have to consider.

Twila –

I have to go back to read Ralph Nader’s comments, but actually shouldn’t we be
questioning Congressional wives, as well?

Etc, etc, etc…

I think he was responding to the lovey dovey tweet from Mrs. Obama. The biggest mistake of President Obama was “trying” to work with the Republicans when he had a mandate to take action on so many fronts. That is why he failed as President. But that is history now - lost/last(?) opportunity.

Space –

Think I’ve replied to you before on Obama …

The things that Obama did in office were no “mistake.”
He actually resurrected the GOP from the ashes after 2008 in order to game play with them for the benefit of Elites/wealthy/corporations.

Obama didn’t fail – but it seemed quite clear that he was trying to bring the Democratic Party to total failure.
There was little difference between Obama and a Republican – if any.
Obama did all of the damage he possibly could have at the time – including support for the MIC and the “illegal wars of aggression” and NSA spying on Americans – damage to safety nets and to Social Security which costs our government nothing. It is paid for by Employees and their Employers.
Obama suspended the COLA’s for two years and then put a Republican in charge of them – Sen. Alan Simpson who has long stood against this independent program for seniors.
In fact, the Social Security Trust Fund pays the government 3% each year to administer the program.

Only in the last year of his presidency did he do anything to help the economy.
And that might have actually been to help the next GOP president – who knows?

The biggest mistake of President Obama was “trying” to work with the Republicans when he had a mandate to take action on so many fronts. That is why he failed as President. But that is history now - lost/last(?) opportunity.

Green-

Kinda new here. I don’t think I have commented on Obama on this forum.

I guess I was bamboozled in voting for him but I was impressed with his vote against the Iraq war (a war with profound consequences) and that he had the audacity to run against Hillary Clinton.

U.S. elections are personality contests and he was better than Romney or McCain in my opinion at the time. If we are against everybody then I guess there is nobody. It is a sad state of affairs indeed.

There is absolutely a difference between the Parties. Nader identified it. It’s the velocity with which they drop to knees to beg at the feet of their corporate masters.

Good question.

Very telling that supporters of both the Democrat and Republican power structures are unified in their dismissal of this question.

People who find a difference in the two parties are seeing things.

Just another chapter of their ongoing rewriting of reality that Trump exists in a vacuum. That the horrible actions he is doing somehow didn’t happen before his presidency nor will happen once he leaves office. Sadly this is a brainwashing that seems to be working.

Selective concern is among our worst traits as a species – humans and nohumans – by the tens of billions – suffer alike as a consequence.