Home | About | Donate

Rashid Khalidi on Syria: The Beginning of This Mess was the 2003 U.S. Invasion of Iraq

Rashid Khalidi on Syria: The Beginning of This Mess was the 2003 U.S. Invasion of Iraq

Democracy Now!

Russia has launched airstrikes in Syria for a second day, becoming the latest foreign government to intervene in a war that has already killed over 240,000 people and displaced millions. The move sparked concern from U.S. officials, who say the Russian attacks did not hit ISIL targets but instead struck rebel groups fighting against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, including at least one group trained by the CIA. The United States and Russia have long disagreed about strategy in Syria, with Washington calling for Assad’s departure and Moscow backing the Syrian president.

Nope, not even plausible. Try again.

Oh sure, so this has nothing at all to do with the US through its regional allies arming ISIS directly or indirectly, or arming the "moderates" who then join ISIS?

Gosh, it's the Iranians and Russians eh?

You've got some chutzpah to blame the disaster in the ME on Russia and Iran. Good fucking grief man.

And what would you do tough guy? Go get you some Ruskies or some of them thar Persians?

Sign up to go kill people then, if you believe the tripe you just ejaculated. I have no patience for sociopaths.

OMG, lol, LMAO. A real live parody has been conjured on this forum. That is some of the most hilarious satire I've heard in a long time.

Or maybe because the Rambo US after 14 years of policing the world, is exhausted, disillusioned, broke, and finally woke up to the truth that its interests are better served working with the other powers, not against them.

Or even maybe because there was a realisation that China is the bigger threat so settle those pesky disputes in the middle east and pivot to China double quick.

But my guess is that presidents rarely decide things on their own. The US MIC (composed mainly of Rambo neocons and other muscular friends of yours) must've decided this Middle East situation is crap and not good return on investment and lives, so let someone else deal with it.

US foreign policy in the ME is a bloody disaster. From the overthrow of Mossadegh until now. And you want to pile on.

The only "facts" you are interested in, are the ones that you can embed in wholly untrue contexts.

Go bug someone else.

As me old Da used to say Psy_Chick: "Son, anyone that argues with a fool is a fool". Don;t bother with this one, his/her mind is already made-up, drinking too much Kool-Aid, don't confuse him with the facts or accurate history.......keep the faith PC.....

Toppling of Saddam and the lies about WMD are more like it

You must be a ex-military guy, you are mistaking America for Americans, you have to realize that America is run totally by the tiny number billionaires and the 99% are just suckers feeding at the bottom. Think about it hard, you and I are like rats in a maze nothing more, we are programmed 24/7/365 to swallow the corporate crap, watch football and baseball whilst the wall street investors rob us to the tune of 7.6 trillion and counting, THINK ABOU IT!

It is incredible at this late date you have the nerve to peddle such crap.

Thanks for the back up, however there is zero risk I will be fooled by this fool or fraud going by the name blue-beyond.