Home | About | Donate

'Read This. Be Outraged. Call Your Senators': Trump Supressing 100,000 Pages of Kavanaugh's Record

'Read This. Be Outraged. Call Your Senators': Trump Supressing 100,000 Pages of Kavanaugh's Record

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With the Senate Judiciary Committee set to hold its first confirmation hearing for President Donald Trump's right-wing Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh on Tuesday, the Trump White House reportedly directed on Friday that over 100,000 pages of documents from Kavanaugh's tenure as an associate White House counsel under former President George W. Bush be withheld from senators.

This withholding the record is obviously a cover-up of Kavanaugh’s record, and road-map to his mindset…not a justice worthy of a place on the court.

The prez nominate’s, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint justices.
Article 2 of the Constitution. If the Senate or Senators are blocked from such “advice and consent” the historya nd record of a nominee it should cause the nominee to be held-up or rejected until all the questions have been resolved…

Will Senators (clearly only Dems) demand the release of the hidden material? Do they have the power to force its release. to fully investigate the nominee for consent, or if not forthcoming, force the postponement of the hearings?

It’s clear on the face of it trump chose this nominee to serve his own agenda and perhaps cover-up his crimes, as well as ruling on trump’s crimes, and liability to be prosecuted while in office, or even pardoning himself…even as flabbergasting as that possibility is, nothing surprises me anymore… hiding behind secrecy to confirm this Trojan whore nominee is outrageous, but do any Senators have the moxie and dedication to fight? The Dem “leadership” doesn’t or they would be out there informing the people…unless they also want this nominee to serve their own hidden agenda and goals (same goals as R’Cons).

We’re through the looking glass here people!.

This side of the “looking glass” looks like Hell.

WHY NOT?

Who ya gonna call? One of my Senators is now a ghost and the other is MIA. So, like most amurikans, I’m SOL.

I guess I could be patriotic and watch the “hearings” on t.v., with the sound off. If I have the sound on all I will hear is a giant sucking sound as our nation goes gurgling down the tubes.

Make that call, sign that petition, protest in the streets and it’s all for naught.

Sorry, I’m defeated.

Looks like?

Because they’re not Democrats, as you or I would define.

“Be outraged.” It’s the New Normal. Brought to us, yet again, by one party in particular.

Thanks Emphyrio. Very much it is an obvious cover-up. Schumer (with trademark glasses on nose), asks with embarrassing coyness, “what are they so desperately trying to hide?”

Yeah, OK we have ALL been burned, let’s take our conflagration and really ‘light some fires’ then.

(G)reedy (O)bnoxious (P )ricks…

A hissing cold-eyed snake for life-time royal supreme is exactly to be expected as a military empire grasps and gasps in the final glittereing throws of bankruptcy.

Look at Brazil, another democracy these creeps helped destroy; the former president and way ahead leading contender for president is in prison on unspecified charges.

Retirement age has reached 74; If you have worked continuously with no gaps since age 16.

Bike lanes are closed. Schools are closed. Oil fields sold and money disappeared. No public wealth or wilderness will be left un privatized. The grafters have more money than there is stuff to buy.

Read “Voices of the Brazilian Left.” You will see medicare cut, exactly as US Ds have kept it on the table, public housing closed and indigenous environmental defenders disappeared.

Why would one waste their time calling any of these corrupt corporate parasites who have demonstrated repeatedly who and what they are, and that they don’t care what any of us think because they don’t work for us? Their devotees continue to refuse to see who and what these politicians are, as they have done since at least 2000 (with wet-noodle, bent-over Al Gore who wouldn’t even stand up for his own win), when they allowed the stolen election to happen and told their own followers to “get over it.” Here in the US of Denial, isn’t it interesting that so many people still fall for the myth of the two party big business corporate system? When it couldn’t be any clearer that this is a one-party system with two names (one being a fake-opposition party and the other party being pure fascism). Both Ds and Rs are on the far right of what the majority of what USians are, which are roughly “middle” to left. If peoplekind had any intelligence and foresight (wishful-thinking on my part) they would dump both of these corrupt parties and start a new one of a genuinely progressive nature. How about the pink party? What are people waiting for?—ThePinkbarrio

And lest we forget, seditious.

The photo of this cretin is quite apt.

With the Senate Judiciary Committee set to hold its first confirmation hearing for President Donald Trump’s right-wing Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh on Tuesday, the Trump White House reportedly directed on Friday that over 100,000 pages of documents from Kavanaugh’s tenure as an associate White House counsel under former President George W. Bush be withheld from senators.

I think that tells us a great deal about the unsuitability of this right wing appointee –
and at the least the women of the Congress should be once again knocking on the door
of the Senate demanding that the information be released – as they did at the time of the
Clarence Thomas Hearings when women from the House charged the Senate to demand
that Anita Hill be heard.

Additionally, there is GOP’s reasoning in refusing to permit the Obama nomination of Garland
to the Supreme Court to be heard, which in the opinion of many should also STOP this going
forward with the Trump nomination of Kavanaugh – and I agree . . .

From Sen. Robert Menendez/D-NJ …

Furthermore, prior to the 2016 elections, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell withheld the vote on President Obama’s nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, for over nine months. The Senate eventually voted instead on President Trump’s nominee – Neil Gorsuch, whose nomination I did not support – after a contentions process where Majority Leader McConnell invoked the “nuclear option” to change the rules and ultimately confirm the nomination. With this precedent in mind, I believe that the Senate should not vote on a Supreme Court nominee until after the American people have had their voices heard in the November 2018 elections.

Meanwhile, here we see once again the collusion of the Dem/Koch party with those who would
overturn Roe vs Wade – one of the very major issues involved in this appointment by Trump –

Despite the secrecy surrounding Kavanaugh’s record as well as his quite public right-wing positions, the Democratic caucus has still failed to fully unite against the judge.

According to the Whip the Vote, a coalition of advocacy groups mobilizing against Kavanaugh, 22 Democrats and Sen. Angus King (I-Maine) still have not vowed to oppose Trump’s Supreme Court pick.

Garrett –

Thanks for the info on Brazil where it looks like the US has made every effort once
again to destroy a democracy –

My regrets that I know so little about Brazil – and distressed to see the continuing
attacks on her.

More than ever with Trump now the US is undeniably in the anti-democracy business
and is pursuing basic fascism.

Fact the facts babe, ain’t gonna be no more Kagans or Sotomayors for quite a while. And Ginsberg is next with rumors of Breyer not feeling well either.

Thank God

The reasoning that Merrick not getting a vote in Obama’s final year was actually the brainchild of Joe Biden who warned GHW that nominating a SCJ should be put off until after the election.

SEN. JOE BIDEN (D-DE), Then-Judiciary Committee Chairman: “…it is my view that if a Supreme Court Justice resigns tomorrow, or within the next several weeks, or resigns at the end of the summer, President Bush should consider following the practice of a majority of his predecessors and not - and not - name a nominee until after the November election is completed.” (Sen. Biden, Congressional Record, S.16316-7, 6/25/1992)

This is the guy leading for the 2020 slot on your side? Lord, just mail it in to Trump Tower.

Anita Hill was a fookin’ liar and Justice Thomas has turned out to be fabulous.

Finally, you surely have noticed 7! more LIFETIME District Court judges have been confirmed in the Senate. With another batch in the pipeline!

Talk about being inside your opponent’s OODA loop, President Trump is a master. It must be embarrassing looking back at your god Obama, seeing how inept he was at actually carrying out his CIC responsibilities but spending his time with that evil woman from hell, Jarrett, cooking up illegal & seditious schemes to undermine our country.

Here’s a few numbers for you. I know maff be hard for REgressives, but these are small enough that you should make some sense from them.

Demanded Documents from dems-approaching 2,000,000

The number of pages dems will actually read: 0

The number of pages that it matters if dems read: 0

The number of dems needed to confirm Kavanaugh: 0