Home | About | Donate

Rebuilding Jim Crow Nation

Rebuilding Jim Crow Nation

Robert C. Koehler

"Love conquers all but the Muslim ban."

Rally in Washington DC against Trump's initial "Muslim Ban" enacted in early February. (Photo: Lorie Shaull/flickr/cc)

"–discriminating against people because of their religious beliefs; that goes against the core American value of religious freedom — a founding ideal of our nation and the bedrock of our democracy.”

let’s face the music and acknowledge that slavery was embedded into the bedrock of “our democracy.” slaves counted as 2/3 a person and first nations people didn’t count at all.

National boundaries are artificial constructions. Someday their aggressive “defense” will be seen to be as obsolete as the Dred Scott decision.

yes! hold on tight to this truth. things are about to get really rough; tighten your seat belts and hold on. keep the love light burning!

To merely say the Supreme Court has been complicit in our loss of freedoms is being far too gentle. It’s been one of the major architects throughout our history. It’s now little more than a Board of Inquisition for our increasingly authoritarian fascist state. In anything resembling a true democracy, no handful of people would be given this much power. It belies the Founders claims that they were creating a democracy.

Until such time as all countries have the same laws, national boundaries are not artificial constructions.

Ask the North Korean solider who recently defected to the South how artificial that boundary was.

Until the nation state is abolished, nations retain the right to determine who is, or is not, allowed in their country, and to enforce their own laws.

Government is at its worst when it threatens to keep us “safe” from outsiders.

when i entered, “National boundaries are artificial constructions. Someday their aggressive ‘defense’ will be seen to be as obsolete as the Dred Scott decision,” i quoted bob koehler’s words from the article. i think koehler means that national borders are of human, not natural, construct. you point to the border between north and south korea which is a line drawn at the end of the korean police action—that’s what we mean by “artificial.”

WWSmith

Until such time as all countries have the same laws, national boundaries are not artificial constructions.

we need to begin to trust and respect one another. you and i both know right from wrong, don’t we? what could be more simple than “do unto others as we’d wish others to do unto us”? the american empire, as have all empires, tries its darndest to bring the whole world under one rule–“MY WAY!” saith uncle sam and it only brings death and destruction.

Borders denote the boundaries of different belief systems. Unless there is one belief system, there will always be borders. Unfortunately, even something so simple as “do unto others as we’d wish others to do unto us” is subject to endless disagreement - because what individuals want vary from person to person, let alone country to country.

As long as there are nation-states, the problem will exist.

there you go! these “borders” exist in our mind. actually i have friends from a variety of religions, buddhist, christian, islamic, jewish, indigenous americans as well as numerous denominations, agnostics and atheists. as long as we accept and respect the other’s responsibility do do his own thinking, no problem. religion does seem to cause a lot of turmoil, however. christian soldiers, jihadists and such just won’t let others be. because some of us can agree to disagree with mutual respect we know a world without borders is possible.

“why can’t we all just get along?”–rodney king

Nation-states are artificial constraints created by those in power who draft citizens to fight border wars. They citizens who are now under the rule of a neighbors who they once had friedly trade now learn to hate one another. History is the story of these nation states and the hate and fear they produce. (Elemental language but there it is)

"The U.S. does need a social democratic party, but it must be anti-war. "–By Glen Ford /Black Agenda Report