Home | About | Donate

Rebuking DCCC Blacklist, Progressive Groups Endorse Campaign to Oust 'Anti-Choice, Anti-LGBTQ' Democrat

Rebuking DCCC Blacklist, Progressive Groups Endorse Campaign to Oust 'Anti-Choice, Anti-LGBTQ' Democrat

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Not intimidated by the DCCC's widely condemned policy of blacklisting organizations that support primary challengers against Democratic incumbents, a coalition of progressive groups on Monday endorsed Marie Newman's campaign to oust "anti-choice, anti-LGBTQ" Illinois Rep. Dan Lipinski in 2020.

2 Likes

What you are now seeing is progressive groups developing their own infrastructure independent of the DCCC and the DNC. This is a positive move for progressives as that infrastructure can be nurtured and grown. It is the next logical step in challenging the corrupt corporate wing of the democratic party or dumping the party all together and starting a new one. Yet again another strategic blunder by the inside the beltway democratic elite. There is consistency to their ineptitude and well as Emerson said, consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.

7 Likes

Precisely
Support and Money will also follow
That is what scares the dccc
Progressive Leadership for the People not the party

4 Likes

This has made my day. YES YES. I have been calling to kill the whole system the way we know it. Although this mat not be killing the system. I will take this as a start. Cause the DNCC is all FAKE. Just look at the so called leaders of the DNCC. Half are fake dems and the rest are just str8 up fake. They are all just after money for their own pockets. DOWN WITH THE CURRENT SYSTEM!.

4 Likes

The problem isn’t that Lipinski is out of touch – the problem is that, in terms of fund-raising, corporate entrenchment, and center-right politics, he’s completely in touch with the d-party establishment.

I’m going to keep repeating this: Liberals need their own party to separate their proposals from both the corrupt taint and the status quo incrementalism of the Ds. Liberals are being used by the Dems for GOTV efforts and $$$, and then blamed for Dem defeats – this has gone on for decades.

Hell, I want to be blamed for destroying them. They are the major roadblock to liberal policy.

7 Likes

Ok, now it’s time to run Pelosi, Schumer, and any other dems bought by corporate donors out of office too!

8 Likes

Regardless of voter turnout in San Francisco, every 2 years Nancy Pelosi consistently receives approximately 78% of the vote. She has her job for as long as she wants it. She’s not going anywhere. I suspect most people who vote for her couldn’t tell you a thing she’s done… to enable the Republicans. Just as she’s currently enabling the orange being (“he’s not worth impeachment”) and we Dems don’t have the ability to multi-task and do more than one thing at a time. I suspect D-partisan San Franciscans merely vote for her because of her name recognition.

1 Like

This guy will fit right in if Warmonger Biden is the nominee of the Democratic Party.

His right wing opinions are minor compared with the record of Lock um up Joe.

Joe Biden is a True Right Wing Republican Bigot and it makes me sick to think that this phony might get the nomination.

Democrats like Dan Lipinski will feel right at home in Joe Biden’s Democratic Party.

3 Likes

Lipinski is a DINO by definition. He does NOT represent dem. principles. I f this Rep. was a democrat the votes that were made on women’s rights and others would have been different.
Wrong place to trash the dem party in general.
The attempt at killing the right to vote for whomever you want by the DCCC is wrong on it’s face. Now that’s something to push back against.

2 Likes

The district is 59% minority voters, D+6, and supposedly socially conservative. Yet Bernie won Lipinski’s district by 8 points in the 2016 primary.

You’re right, the DCCC is wrong. That said, Lipinski will win. Again. And the incoherence of the d-party will be on full display. Again. I may not be a high paid political consultant, but I’m pretty sure incoherent policy positions are good for attracting corporate donors and bad for attracting voters. Hmmm, I wonder what the d-party’s priorities are?

3 Likes

They are not the lock step republicans no matter how hard some try to make them out to be. I would prefer that we single out the bad actors, and support the good ones.

1 Like

This race had vote counting discrepancies the last election, Newman very well may have won…But those dam election machines. Her campaign needs to have vote counting auditors this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Btq9RrXj7c

The corrupt corporate wing of the Democratic Party is the DNC and the rest of the power in the party - which is different from the Repug-lickin’ Party only in style.

1 Like

This rule and the harm that it effects by the dccc needs to be blasted all over the radio and other airwaves!!!

Add to what you just stated that the majority of voters are probably of the ‘“I have mine” Democrat variety’. The poor in S.F. simply don’t vote in the same numbers as the well-off in that area.

Essentially correct — but extremely naive, IMHO.  There is no ineptitude at all, and the consistency is deliberate.  The DNC and its subservient DCCC and DSCC are totally in thrall to the Multi-NaZional Korporations that provide most of their funding and control the exposure of all candidates on the MSM.