Home | About | Donate

'Recipe for Disaster': Trump Guts Offshore Drilling Rules Put in Place After Deepwater Horizon Spill

'Recipe for Disaster': Trump Guts Offshore Drilling Rules Put in Place After Deepwater Horizon Spill

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Just two weeks after the nine-year anniversary of the BP Deepwater Horizon disaster—the largest ocean oil spill in U.S. history—the Trump administration on Thursday moved to dismantle offshore drilling regulations aimed at preventing another catastrophic leak.

1 Like

What’s the definition of insanity?

4 Likes

the definition of insanity is donnieboy trump!

2 Likes

The definition of insanity is money over life.

4 Likes

As evidenced in this CD piece about trump gutting what minimal environmental protections have been in place and today as people (and the oligarchy) cheer over:

“Jobs surge in April, unemployment rate falls to the lowest since 1969”

In the meantime:

All-Time Record Highs for CO2 Daily Averages

414.94 ppm on May 1, 2019 (Scripps)
414.88 ppm on May 1, 2019 (NOAA-ESRL)

414.84 ppm on March 18, 2019 (NOAA-ESRL)
414.79 ppm on March 18, 2019 (Scripps)
414.63 ppm on April 30, 2019 (Scripps)
414.62 ppm on April 29, 2019 (Scripps)

and

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/2019/05/rapid-ice-loss-in-early-april-leads-to-new-record-low/

Cognitive dissonance anyone?

1 Like

The Deep Water Horizon environmental disaster could have been prevented by what is called an “Acoustic Switch”, a $500,000 device that weighs many tons and can shut-off the well head on the bottom of the ocean; DWH did not have one and the cost seems trivial now in retrospect. The trump regime commits yert another crime against humanity with this roll-back of even marginal safety requirements. The bottom-line is their interest, not any environmental wisdom, responsibility or stewardship!

Deserving of impeachment and imprisonment on so many levels! Enough!

2 Likes

What purpose is congress if the President makes and changes all the rules.

1 Like

Let’s see they just got insane tax breaks, and now they are complaining plus they hate the planet. Shut them down!

They "forgot " they are their own or should I say owned branch of gubmit.

Ever since the recession people in general have gone insane including shooting and killing people at their places of worship.

Agree but the Dem “leadership” is taking bribes from these creatures along with the Reich. The problem is the One Party System,

Wall Street Red Or Wall Street Blue
It’s a free country, you can vote for who ever you want

1 Like

Remember the bipartisan McCain Feingold bill( later scrappped)? That was for clean elections.

1 Like

Dem “leadership” doesn’t want clean elections any more than the Reich does

1 Like

Leaving this site for quite awhile. I’m sure I won’t be missed, but that is okay.

Why? Was it something I said?
Everyone needs a break from time to time, but don’ be gone too long.