Home | About | Donate

'Recipe for War': Experts Warn Mike Pompeo Intensifies Risk of US Attack on Iran

'Recipe for War': Experts Warn Mike Pompeo Intensifies Risk of US Attack on Iran

Jon Queally, staff writer

For all the reasons to be concerned about President Trump's nomination of current CIA director Mike Pompeo to replace Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State, experts on Tuesday warn that an increase risk of a U.S.-initiated war with Iran should be at the top of the list.

2 Likes

And what with Russia threatening the u.k. over the spy poisoning…

1 Like
1 Like

I misread Joe Cirincione’s tweet where he said that pompeo would be a disastrous pick. I first assumed he was referring to another disastrous thing. It isn’t an accident that pompeo’s name is so similar to the Spanish word for buttocks.

Ever since he was the representative from Koch, he has been a worthless excuse for a human being. My relatives in Wichita, good republicans to the bone, hated him, but he had the Koch machine behind him so he couldn’t be stopped.

3 Likes

The trump regime serves the Israeli extremist agenda that wants Iran destroyed - by the US - they have the perfect tool in the very malleable fool trump!

“we feel obliged to alert you to the virtually inevitable consequences of war with Iran, just as we warned President George W. Bush six weeks before the U.S. attack on Iraq 15 years ago.”

2 Likes

Yes, Pompeo would be, and is a disastrous pick. Remember: you can prick your finger, but you can’t finger your pick…

1 Like

Can’t see how it makes any difference one way or the other. If Trump gets cornered and thinks a war would be a distraction, he will cause a war no matter who is Secretary of State.

3 Likes

Just look at the picture of three old men probably laughing at someone else’s misfortune. Old creeps like this should not be allowed to vote let alone hold public office. When are the young people going to rise up and throw them out???

3 Likes

Just what experience does Pompeo have in diplomacy??? I want to know his diplomatic background, None probably, just another example of trump moving someone with no expertise in the field to someplace where expertise is of paramount importance.

2 Likes

Good ol’ war. Good ol’ sadism. Good ol’ high profits from both.
Good ol’ (seditious) Republicans.

2 Likes

Drumpf and his mentor Bibi have been calling to attack Iran even before the election. One track mind meld. Pompeo the punisher arrives on cue.

3 Likes

War on Iran would be war on Iranian civilians from the air. Why? Because Iran is chock full of mountains (you can verify this with Google Earth/Maps)–all over the country, including its borders. Ain’t going to roll in the tanks with A10 Warthog cover you fucking neocon war mongers–not like Iraq. Who likes to fight in the mountains? Not one sane person. Who wins in the mountains? Those that live in them and know them well. Therefore any war against Iran would resemble the bombing of civilians in Dresden and Tokyo. Fuck off you Greater Israel Zionist Neocons, just fuck off. The sooner the better.

9 Likes

Another Trump/Koch Brothers lackey…what can go wrong???

1 Like

No experience required of the “president,” so none required of anyone else in his “administration.”

3 Likes

Death from above will not sell too well here in America.

It’s time to ratchet up the Antiwar Movement.

College and High School campuses should explode.

3 Likes

First step is to protect Mr. Muellers investigation.

1 Like

Mother’s and Father’s hold on to your children.

Mike “Pompous Ass” has been recruited to find a War where none exists.

5 Likes

The Trump regime serves Trump.

1 Like

You still have faith in the FBI - or in the process of law ?

My hat is off to you !

Still - it might offer a way out, presuming the powers that be are seeking a way out.

Personally, there is no part of the political process in any democracy I believe in anymore, save the people’s’ innate decency.

1 Like

Who’s the skeletal geezer to his left, the one pointing. Is he one of the denier power elite?