Home | About | Donate

'Reckless Incompetence and Intentional Cruelty': House Issues Scathing Report on Trump Migrant Family Separation Policy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/29/reckless-incompetence-and-intentional-cruelty-house-issues-scathing-report-trump

2 Likes

Black market adoptions were always the cause of the separations.

“Some of the children have been given to U.S. families, who are sometimes able to petition for permanent custody of them.”

Lawyers for the 545 children say they cannot access government records that would greatly assist them to re-unite the childrens.

Sure takes a congressional committee a lazy long time to report. Maybe speeded up as an election day reminder. /s

5 Likes

Everyone involved in this has to face consequences. Symbolic slaps on the wrist will not do.

Regardless, history is not going to be kind to us for letting it happen at all.

9 Likes

Unofficial motto of the Republican Party: “Cruelty Is The Point.”

9 Likes

“The House Judiciary Committee spent 21 months investigating the planning and execution of the administration’s policy…”

Meanwhile, during that time thousands of children and their parents were traumatized, sometimes physically or mentally abused, AND there were multitudes of indications that it was happening…

What did democrat electeds and appointeds, as well as most locals where this was happening do? Not a hell of a lot…

7 Likes

More corroboration that the Republican, Fascist, Party must be destroyed before they destroy us all! They are to me a domestic, terror cult.

5 Likes

Trump, early on, talked about the “invasion” coming from Guatemala, El Salvador, and Honduras. The people of these nation’s have been brutalized for decades by U.S foreign policy. We will never have a humane immigration system until we come to terms with and pay the people back for what we’ve done to them

5 Likes

Of course, someone immediately thinks of blaming Trump’s deliberate cruelty on the Democrats.
Indeed, it was the Democrats fault that 9/11 happened, that W crashed the economy, that Trump deliberately ignored COVID, that Raygun illegally sold weapons from the White House basement, that Nixon authorized a political burglary and cover-up,and all the other Trump and/or GOP crimes we’ve seen for decades.
This is the pathetic mantra of dishonest deflection and trollery on behalf of Trump: no matter how bad the actions of the Trump gang, somehow it’s always the Democrats’ fault.

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more.

Uhh, mcconnell and jabba the barr are the gatekeepers here. In fact it was drumpf’s recused first AG that stamped nazi miller’s policy. No donkeys here.

1 Like

King reagan.

1 Like

Prove that statement …but of course you wont because it is bullshite.

1 Like

“Reckless Incompetence and Intentional Cruelty”.
Doesn’t that describe the entirety of the twump administration from the beginning?

2 Likes

What did the democrats DO? Not talk about…

1 Like

Prove what? What did the democrats DO? Not talk about…

1 Like

Are the democrats the opposition or not? What did they DO?

1 Like

That is not a response only an avoidance. Heap more excrement on your reputation, please. Trump, you miserable apologist was responsible for putting small children in cages. Not the democrats, not any committee , DonaldTrump whose ass you kiss.

I’m hoping that once he gets done pardoning everybody he knows or owes money to, including himself and the other members of his crime family, that some international body will step up and indict him in absentia for being an utter scourge to the human species on a planetary scale. Of course, this will be meaningless, but then all forms of control of this bewildebeest president have been ineffective, so I don’t have any illusions of anything too terrible happening to him. Nothing happened to Bush 2, and he caused the deaths of a million people in the Middle East. Bupkis. At best, Trump might be ostracized on a grand scale (he claims he will leave the country if defeated in this election. good luck finding a home, asshole). We’ll be lucky to have the folks in The Hague speak up, but I think the world will be happy to have him just go away. I doubt if purposefully torturing children is going to have repercussions for this thing that pretended to be the president, when by rights he ought to be flenzed. He’s big enough to be flenzed. That I would watch on pay-per-view.

Any idea as to what might implement said destruction?

Hi DARKAGESAMERICA:
At least one of Oregon’s senators was working on this, Senator Merkley. I think there was a video on Common Dreams showing the way that the ICE people even diss U.S. senators.
Sometimes it seems like the only way to save the kids would be for Trump to forfeit all HIS grandkids until All the parents and kids were reunited…but Trump probably wouldn’t even care about his own grandkids. : (,