Home | About | Donate

Recuse, Resign, Impeach? Clamor for Sessions' Accountability Reaches Fever Pitch

Recuse, Resign, Impeach? Clamor for Sessions' Accountability Reaches Fever Pitch

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

There is a growing clamor from within and outside the halls of power on Thursday for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to face the consequences for apparently lying under oath about his contact with the Russian government, with demands ranging from recusing himself from any investigation into foreign election interference to resigning from his post.

Even the despicable Alberto Gonzales had the decency and self-respect to resign in 2007:

WACO, Tex., Aug. 27 — Attorney General Alberto R. Gonzales, whose tenure has been marred by controversy and accusations of perjury before Congress, announced his resignation in Washington today, declaring that he had “lived the American dream” by being able to lead the Justice Department.Aug 27, 2007

Where is the holier-than-thou Pence with all his pious sanctimony when someone like Sessions disobeys the Ninth Commandment (I am sure Pence has visited this website numerous times: http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/ninth_commandment.html)? Where,...on his knees, you say...praying or what?

Hopefully everyone reading this article is paying close attention to what has to happen to unscrew this situation. This is Trump saving us money by forcing taxpayers to pay for special this that and the other kinda crap. If Sessions wouldn't have lied, it would have been at cost. Remember, Trump is about business, so from his point of view, we are now running in the red instead of the black or at least breaking even. This IS how Trump has done business for at least a decade: run in the red and have taxpayers cover what he owes in taxes. He has done nothing different. This is HIS homey, not ours and we will pay. I have no doubt if he resigns, Sessions will get a badass severance package.

Jeff Sessions To Hold 4PM Press Conference

With less than an hour lead time, moments ago Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced he would hold an impromptu press conference at 4pm, his first as the nation's top law enforcement official, although it may also be his last: some have already speculated there is an outside chance Sessions may announce his resignation, which would be second prominent departure in the Trump administration. Alternatively, Sessions may simply declare that the media scandal has been largely overblown, as he did first thing this morning, and move on.

Watch his testimony. He said under oath he had no contact with Russian officials during time he served as Trump surrogate. That is an untrue statement. As was Flynns claim he only exchanged greetings with this same ambassador. A story Putins folks also told. Why the lies? By Flynn, Sessions, and the Russians? Let's pretend one of these folks was named Clinton.

From Democracynow!:

Well worth the listen. The web of deceit is a spider's nest. Always be following the money!!!

Yep, always the money.

Come on, it's not as if he got a bj in the whitehouse

How do we know that?

He hasn't been impeached .

Doesn't mean he didn't get that bj... :slight_smile:

That evil little troll has to go. No excuses, they know for sure he lied, he has to go. They all just love them some Russians eh? What's the attraction if it's not money or power, in this case both.
Seem just about all of Trump's circle were in touch with Russia. That's no accident and just now it came out that Jared Kushner and Flynn met with the same Russian guy in December. WTF?
I didn't believe this stuff when it first came out but now, I don't know.

Your fired, Keebler!

No. He said " I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians, and I’m unable to comment on it."

Clearly stated as a surrogate for the campaign, but he has another role in government and that is as senator. As such it is common to talk to any world person or person involved in any of the world's government. You watch his testimony fool!

Ya Dean our 20 trillion, that's with a T, debt run up for wars they lied to get us into is all Trumps fault. Go back to sleep. Nothing of interest for you here.

'"This announcement should not be interpreted as confirmation of the existence of any investigation or suggestive of the scope of any such investigation," he added.' Aaaww, how cute. He's telling me and others how to think. How bout I see it for what it is: He's a liar and noone determines my interpretations except me. It's my right as a human to think for myself, no matter how critical or crappy the interpretation is. What an a**. Sessions needs to resign.

That's not in context. Reread it in whole please.

I will.

P.S. Didn't help.

Twitter thread about just what was happening when Sessions talked to Kislyak.