Home | About | Donate

Refugees Welcome: Thousands March for 'Humanity and Human Rights' in UK

Refugees Welcome: Thousands March for 'Humanity and Human Rights' in UK

Jon Queally, staff writer

Pushing back against a tide of xenophobia which has gripped portions of Europe in recent years, thousands marched in central London on Saturday as they demanded the British government do more to help those forced from their homelands amid endless war in the Middle East and economic crises across Africa and beyond.

Stop the war profiteering and no more refugees. Why is that so hard to understand?

Unrelenting. That is what the people around the world have to be to force governments to their will for equity and justice.

natureboy
Stop the war profiteering and no more refugees. Why is that so hard to understand?

And the war meddling. And the over-abundance of military bases around the world. And the tendency toward vilification and regime change. And the refusal to make distinctions. Fitzgerald: "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

That tars Clinton and Trump with the same brush, I would say. Clearly, however, Trump with his knee-jerk retrograde ideas and emotional instability and big (small) mouth is more apt to lead us into World War III .

Trump wants to make friends and negotiate. Clinton wants to bomb and antagonize. As far as perpetual war goes, Hillary is the better bet.

Another example on how people have joined the 21st Century and governments are still stuck in the mode of catering to wealth and corporations.
We are ONE PEOPLE inhabiting the only planet we have! let us live in peace, quit fighting wars, and get along in the pursuit of prosperity for all.
We are more alike, my friend, than we are unalike (Sorry, I do not remember the name of that wise author)
That keeps out the 0.1%, but I can live with that.

You need evidence for your statements, my friend, just as I do for mine.

He wants to make friends and negotiate? Does he want to make friends and influence people too? How can you know what he wants when he is so much all over the place? Seems to me that vindication is more what he is about.

If we both believe what we are saying we should each make lists of our reasons, i.e., "evidence" for believing as we do. A glib statement just won't cover the subject. Would you be up for such lists? Remember, give equal time and weight to the two sides.

Note: I don't really think you'll want to do this right now. Me neither.

Maya Angelou. Common Dreams will be unhappy with me for not combining these posts into one. Sorry. I'm in a hurry.

You certainly appear to be in a hurry. :slight_smile:

Do you watch Trump's speeches? Many of us can't stand to watch him but I do. ( I could not watch Dubya.) Trump says he will do these things. Whether he does or not is something else.

Heartwarming!