Home | About | Donate

#RefundPete Trends as Early Backers Request Donations Back After Learning Buttigieg Not So Progressive After All

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/12/refundpete-trends-early-backers-request-donations-back-after-learning-buttigieg-not

2 Likes

The world would be a much better place were people able to identify these can artists before it too late. The readership of Common Dreams was calling this guy out almost as soon as he launched his campaign. The information was out there.

Just as it was out there before those wars on Afghanistan , Yemen, Syria , Libya and Iraq all launched.

Hint number one. You are not going to find it in the mainstream media.

32 Likes

You are not going to find it in the mainstream media.

Quite right. Here’s an interesting discussion on the growth of left media (focused on the UK but with stuff on the US as well), with a useful discussion on the differences between liberalism and the left thrown in.

4 Likes

Evil is tad strong. Centrist is closer to true.

1 Like

I thought Roy Cohn had settled that question once and for all.

15 Likes

I could work with an honest centrist, but this man is a con artist, just like Twump, but wearing progressive camo. In my world, confidence tricksters are evil.

12 Likes

Excellent perspective.

1 Like

LOLOLOLOL…oh, I’m sorry, guess I shouldn’t be so mean. ROTFL…just kidding! Bernie2020

2 Likes

Who the hell is this snarky little twit, and why the hell was he ever considered a serious candidate for president?? Good god, what sort of gelatin brain even thinks about “supporting” such a smarmy little jackass?

13 Likes

These terms are not mutually exclusive.
He’s an Evil Centrist - Like Biden, Clinton, Obama…

7 Likes

People need to realize that, Talks is cheap in many and that the TRACK RECORD is a much better gauge.

5 Likes

Nothing quite like buyer’s remorse

5 Likes

Not So Progressive After All. That headline could also be for Warren.

9 Likes

Evilcentrifugelical is the word some folks are starting to use.

6 Likes

David Axelrod gushed about Mayo Pete’s greatness. Nuff said.
But now I’m worried that Byedone is finding a running mate.

4 Likes

Looks like there are some bolshies on Mike Bloomberg’s plantation.

It could also apply to so-called left websites like Truthout. Which ran articles by people who sided with the coup leaders and, handpicked experts, in Bolivia over Morales in the recent election.
There were 19-20 different candidates and Morales was getting around 47% of the total vote. So, of course, some 1% sniveling loser had to nitpick about a trivial matter in the greater scheme of Bolivian matters. See what happens?
FYI- That’s an assessment by FAIR and not some fake news- oh wait, they are, they could be, is it propaganda, fake news Oh me Oh no…
So it goes…

7 Likes

Warren just praised Volker, said glowing things about him in the past too. Kind of a problem for me as well, add it to the list. As far as this ridiculous campaign, I don’t know why anyone ever fell for his nonsense in the first place. When I was younger, I made similar mistakes though.

9 Likes

In a word: YES!!!
Now…how about refunds from “WAFFLIN’ WARREN”?!

5 Likes

I fear you are correct.

3 Likes