Home | About | Donate

Rejecting Claim of Presidential Immunity, Judge Allows Lawsuit Against Trump Foundation to Proceed

Rejecting Claim of Presidential Immunity, Judge Allows Lawsuit Against Trump Foundation to Proceed

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Rejecting the immunity defense put forth by President Donald Trump's lawyers, a New York state judge on Friday ruled that a lawsuit accusing Trump and members of his family of using their "charitable" foundation as nothing more than a personal "piggy bank" can proceed.

1 Like

At his inauguration, Pwesident Twump swore to see that “the laws be faithfully executed,” but that would require both that he knows what the laws are, and wasn’t lying under oath.

I find nothing in his resumé to justify confidence in either proposition.

11 Likes

The sooner this corrupt crime family is brought to justice from it’s rotten fish-head Don, to his progeny and in-laws, the better for Mother Earth, America, and the entire world.

If only they were the only evil people and interests that uses the planet and billions of people as adjuncts to their destructive greed and self-interest, but they are only one head of the hydra of such evil and people who are perpetrating the most egregious crimes in world history to create wealth for their own, and the mechanisms of control that make their crimes possible. the wealth accumulated over time has allowed the further accumulation of power over politicians who serve not the people and a sustainable future, but greed and wealth in itself to enable the purchase of elections, politicians and government, the critically important media/news outlets, the war-machine, the judicial system to large degree, education, energy, environmental regulatory agencies, and many other sectors critical to a free world and direction that protects the future rather than despoiling and raping it to serve the interests of the loose affiliation/crime-family groups that dominate the entire world’s direction and energies, our “privatized” (AKA stolen) finite natural resources, and all people’s lives.

9 Likes

His lawyers couldn’t cite a single case to support their argument😹

4 Likes

It would be nice to see trump and his criminal family removed from power, not to be martyrs, but just convicted felons looking out through the bars at the world they tried to buy and control.
*Hopefully, just an object lesson to the rest of the felons pursuing the same course. May they find the same home!
;-})

4 Likes

"You’re going down Trump, and your greed is taking your spawn with you."

https://youtu.be/upJB1XZQU0k

You, and all the little piggies…

4 Likes

It would be Priceless to witness Twump, faithfully executed.

5 Likes

Sometimes I lean toward a Sisyphian fate for DJT.

Oh and thanks for tune.

2 Likes

As do I.

Rest assured, there is a special level of Hell reserved for him.https://youtu.be/bdB-1G4TJkE

For Trump, the music’s almost over…

2 Likes

These should be criminal charges instead of a lawsuit. Hopefully the lawsuit will generate enough evidence for a slam dunk criminal conviction for the entire despicable family.

5 Likes

Yes, orange is a good look for the prictator and all his little ‘taters’!

2 Likes

Ya-a-a-a-ay! You want judges? We got judges!

Good one, Doors were great, the hits just kept coming…

Well, I’m not sure how he couldn’t be sued. Even if there was preccident that a sitting President couldn’t be sued, he never dissolved himself from his companies, including his foundation. I think it’s pretty obvious that because he didn’t, he left himself open to being sued. If he was smart, he’d jump out of every business he’s still attached to. But we all know the answer to that. As for a successful suit, I don’t the amount will put a dent in his wallet. He’s a billionaire and the suit would require a vast sum of money in the billions to make it painful for him. How many times have anyone that reads this site seen a multi-billion dollar company get sued for millions. It takes one thousand millions to make a billion. And we have yet to see anything in the billion range. Maybe I’m wrong on that, but either way, lawsuits should be based off if percentages, not whole numbers. If a billion dollar company suffered an 80% loss of annual profits and knew it could lose that much again the next year, etc, it would be less likely they would continue doing the wrong thing. It’s hard to pass an 80% loss to the customer, but I know they would try.

2 Likes

Nice interlude. Saw doors at Summerfest 1972. New that organ right off. And hey, what’s good for Sadam should be good for Dick George and Don.

2 Likes

Perhaps, if a couple hundred million of us Murkins, those not content with the Trumpenstein Monster and his fraudulently impersonating a United States President in order to abuse his position in order to further enrich himself and his family, filed a class-action lawsuit for the pain and suffering and extreme anxiety inflicted on a 24/7 basis for the past 2 years, at $100,000 each, that would bankrupt the family for $20 Trillion.

Sure, I know that I’m dreaming, but, it was such a great dream.

2 Likes

Five to One you’re a Door’s fan…

1 Like

Any chance his friend Kavanaugh will eventually be able to help out on this one?

1 Like

I don’t think so, unless they can get the case moved to federal court, but like you, would like to see one of the lawyers here respond to you’re question to be certain.

1 Like

Crimes against nature . . . .

1 Like