Home | About | Donate

Relatives, Activists, and Attorneys Call for Justice for Andre' Hill, Unarmed Black Man Killed by Columbus Police

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/26/relatives-activists-and-attorneys-call-justice-andre-hill-unarmed-black-man-killed

4 Likes

How does anyone at this point in time not see the systemic racism in this country. I am white and my sons refer to our status as ‘upper poor’. There is a huge class war in this country and the black folks are on the bottom and the poor whites just a little above them, Unfortunatey the whites with the power and the money have convinced the poor white man that those underneath him are the reason for his neo-feudal serfdom.

21 Likes

John Gunther in his “Inside the USA” ,which is a description his travels throughout the US, described Columbus as “the Northern most Southern City” even though it is in the middle of Ohio. It has a long particular history of racism. During the Civil war a Southern raider was captured there. Some of the “good” citizens broke him out of the jail and let him go.

Mildred Elizabeth Gillars, known as “Axis Sally” was an American who broadcast propaganda for the Third Reich to undermine US troop morale. She was later convicted of treason and after getting out of Federal Pen. moved to a convent in Columbus.

The police station has a motto over its front, “Obedience to the law is freedom”. A lot of officers don’t understand that applies to them too.

I must say after living there for two years the city definitely had a certain unpleasant flavor.

11 Likes

And thus is the power structure perpetuated: divide and conquer.

5 Likes

Another completely innocent person shot and left to bleed to death on the ground for the crime of… holding cell phone while standing in a friend’s garage. And cooperating! It’s a scandal that this officer hasn’t been criminally charged yet. And they put in a request for emotional support for the murderer before even bothering to attend to the victim who was shot repeatedly for no reason? Absolutely revolting! Ending a human life with no justification whatsoever should automatically lead to far, far more serious consequences than just being fired. That fact that it doesn’t is why life is so cheap in the US.

17 Likes

The cop should be awaiting the investigation in jail instead of on paid vacation, his victim would be locked up if the shooting was in the other direction.

6 Likes

I put it down to genetics. Americans on a genetic level are the most inferior humans in the last 500,000 years. Their brains are undeveloped and they lack the human capacity for empathy. Only such mentally handicapped people are capable of witnessing such obvious facts and not processing the information in a normal way. While Americans think themselves to be exceptional, they are instead exceptionally deformed mentally, and cannot function mentally in the way any normal person worldwide would effortlessly. It is also the reason Americans cannot do all the things that the rest of the western world does routinely, such as provide comprehensive healthcare, and clean food, and water and mass public transportation, etc. What is thought to be impossible here in America, has been commonplace for the last half a century in countries not handicapped by our inferior genetic makeup.

2 Likes

A DNA mistake. Seems we should be able to somehow correct that. Reverse engineering maybe. A racism vaccine. Phizer’s probably not interested. Tesla has a better chance of making Mars a tourist destination.

1 Like

Not yet again!

There must be a collective push for community control of every single cop and precinct in US America. Only this way we can be assured they will be from the particular community and curb these racist outrages. The community does all the hiring, discipling and firing.

6 Likes

Corporate national media is downplaying this injustice, I guess they have been told to stand down and stop generating outrage toward the police. Back to square one or is it zero, a “local” issue. Biden is president now so racism has been defeated. The real truth is that Americans blindly support the cops and nothing will change until the corruption of power is exposed.

2 Likes

Police Officer kills unarmed human.
White Cop kills black civilian.
Murder, legalized killing, justice?
Father, grandfather, son, uncle, nephew killed, murdered without cause.

Where is the outcry from the cops, are they protecting him? supporting through silence?
They are all guilty when they do not speak out… As you protect your own, you are all guilty, too, because this will continue until you deal with this from the bottom-up and the top down…your code of silence, support is a code of guilt… this continues because it is still supported by the Blue…you. or it may be too late for change to happen from within. Defund the police. De-militarize the police… people will get their justice either thru the courtroom or on the streets…your choice…

2 Likes

And he should have a fair trial, be convicted of the murder he committed, and spend the rest of his natural life in prison.

But he won’t, of course.

1 Like

I truly wonder what would have happened if a citizen with a carry license, observing the cold-blooded killing of Mr. Floyd, had drawn his weapon and told Chauvin he was under arrest and to get up off of Mr. Floyd’s neck immediately or be shot.

3 Likes

Cop kills man in cold blood.
Cop loses job.
Justice is served.
Any cop anywhere can enter your home at will, kill you and walk.
Think about that.
America.

4 Likes

That “citizen” would have been dead before Mr. Floyd.

2 Likes

That’s what I wonder. Were those other cops just frozen—it’s not every day that even cops get to watch a cold-blooded murder by a senior cop— or were they truly complicit and would have drawn on and shot the citizen if they could have.

2 Likes

They protect their own at all costs, my money would be on a dead “citizen”, no matter how right he/she was.

1 Like

His victim would be dead if the shooting was in the other direction.

4 Likes

Not all do, but yeah.

1 Like

Yet another in the endless history of innocent people of color being murdered by racist cops trained to kill as their first and usually only response!

The outrage and street demos after George Floyd’s murder has subsided with media moving-on to the latest celebrity scandal and prosecutions invisible and manipulated to serve and protect the Blue Wall of Silence, by corrupt prosecutors who are just cops in suits, and politicians silent at atrocity and murder after murder; lackeys to police political pressure and influence!

The merry-go-round of murders, official outrage by politicians, soon forgotten, and culture of violence and lies by police to cover-up and deceive, continues as do the murders and outrage after outrage by depraved cops trained to kill and lie about their BS so-called fear!

“Protect and Serve”, my ass! Kill and cover-up the crime and evade accountability is more like the the truth!

5 Likes