Home | About | Donate

'Relentless Cruelty': Proposed Trump Administration Rule Would Keep Asylum-Seekers From Applying for Work Permits for a Year

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/04/relentless-cruelty-proposed-trump-administration-rule-would-keep-asylum-seekers

1 Like

These changes do more than damn those refugees to poverty. They help ensure that the only way these peoples can afford anything is through means not deemed legitimate under the law. In so doing the persons backing such an initiative can then state “See I told you they were criminals”.

7 Likes

Judy Chu has been very good on the border and immigration issues. She has gone to the border a number of times to investigate conditions. Immigrants are a boon to the economy. They successfully run thousands of small businesses and have a strong work ethic. They take great pride in their work.
They also are family oriented raising their children to be productive and have a high number that graduate college. Trump is a ignorant racist pig.

6 Likes

As the son of an immigrant and refugee one might wonder at Trumpster’s posture. He is also going against the grain of the Party of No which counts the cheap labor from new comers as a boon for their corporate masters.

3 Likes

Sure and begorrah, desperation can only result in desperate acts. Reckon all those folks set free in OK will be replaced in short order.

2 Likes

Remember that Stephen Miller and his buddies are behind all this. They, and Hannity and Carlson push the hate and cruelty with Trump a convenient mouthpiece. And now we read that the head Nazi is getting married?

2 Likes

Sure. No assistance, no work. That will ensure only wealthy refugees! Like from Norway! Makes sense to me. Refugees from the overcrowded country clubs of the world, beginning to be loaded with riff-raff, are always welcome. That’s what made America great again! Says something like that on the Statue of Liberty:
“Give me your rich, your dissatisfied, your fortunate few, yearning to be tax-free.”

Isn’t that why your ancestors came? Ok, right. That and the potato famine.

4 Likes

Right on–I just wish that everyone would stop emphasizing the cruelty of the Orange Menace. That is understood implicitly by virtually all readers of CD, but it is music to his ears. If confronted he would of course deny it and cite some absurd justification. But I would be surprised if some of his advisors were not regularly apprising him of how evil the liberal snowflakes think he is, to his great satisfaction.

In a related vein, I wish everyone would stop referring to the extreme radical right wing burn-down-the-house vandals and thieves (otherwise, “fascists”) as “conservative,” when they are precisely the opposite of conservative.

1 Like

Exactly. Trump’s not smart enough to come up with these rules on his own, the best relief for asylum seekers in this country is for someone to put Miller down like a rabid dog, he deserves nothing less.

3 Likes

Reich wing better suits them. My Father would have been considered a Conservative but he would have called Trump a Fascist.

4 Likes

and the sooner, the better. if a roadroller rolled over dump and miller totally flattening them, i might start going to church. how miller has been able to get away with his nazi policies is the most amazing indictment on amerika yet…even more than the so-called election of this so-called president.

3-4 decades ago, i was arguing with a friend of mine, who was an ATF agent, about capital punishment. he was, of course, a supporter of the death penalty. then he said, “you’d shoot a rabid dog, wouldn’t you?” point taken.

did you see the quip somewhere, maybe on CD, where someone said he could sh** a better president than dump? understatement of the millennium.

1 Like

agreed. as for the fascists, not conservatives, they are in the pupal stage of nazi development. they need just a little more time to emerge in full form…and even worse cruelty, if you can imagine that.

1 Like

Yes, see ToniWintroub’s reply to me two comments down. They are the political descendants of the feudal aristocracy that reigned for millennia in various forms and was displaced by the aristocracy of “production.” They were pushed back somewhat in the 20th century and mean to reclaim what they see as their “rightful” place.