Home | About | Donate

Remember That Time Putin Bailed Out Obama?

Remember That Time Putin Bailed Out Obama?

Ray McGovern

Three years ago, when a reluctant President Barack Obama was about to launch an attack on Syria, supposedly in retaliation for President Bashar al-Assad crossing a “red line” against using chemical weapons, Obama smelled a rat – or rather he sensed a mousetrap.

Clinton supporters: You should know, maybe not WWW3, but major conflicts are coming with Clinton's election. If the refugee crisis in Europe is not enough for your conscious, which was largely driven by the Clinton state dept, you better think about what's coming. It's going to be on you if you vote for her.

Added note: this is not an argument for Trump. Keep Clean, Vote Green.

It's a tragic fact that the U.N. is hamstrung by the fact that some members of the Security Council are the very ones with the longest running track records for aggression, including war OF Aggression--deemed by the Geneva Conventions as THE supreme crime against humanity.

Evidence is compelling.

What was the result of U.S. military forces entering, occupying, and destroying Iraq?

What is the state of Afghanistan today?

How about Libya?

How about Yemen and Somalia?

With a track record of this nature, there ought to be an international force that genuinely keeps the peace and genuinely metes out justice.

If that were the case, no neo-cons would dare to make the case for yet more wars of aggression based on phony evidence and/or cases fixed FOR war.

Putin's reach-out to Obama reminds me of the way JFK and Khrushchev communicated in secret channels in order to avoid major war over Cuba.

Of course those committed-for-life haters of all things Democratic tar JFK and never bothered to read the Douglass book: "JFK & The Unspeakable: Why he Died and Why it Matters."

This book confirms JFK's use of diplomacy to avoid war. His critics pretend he was the aggressor--by choice--both in Cuba and Vietnam.

Incidentally, Putin is a Libra and it's the sign that opposes Aries: the sign OF war. Libra is the Zodiac's master negotiator and due to its inherent logic, often a very smart chess player. John Dean (who exposed the right wing goals of the Christian Coalition) and Jimmy Carter are both Libras. While Carter was likely forced into a military posture while serving as President, he's committed himself to far more peace-oriented goals since.

Your posts are very contradictory.

In some, you come off as a critic of Official Policies and do so with intelligence.

However, your opening sentence suggests that you've swallowed the 911 official narrative hook, line, and sinker.

Seriously, Mark?

Who was the "we" that was tipped off? It could hardly be those inside the U.S. Deep State that put the operation into motion.

"Morely Safer's headline for the follow up article was "If You Believe the Government You're Stupid!". If you believe Controlled Corporate "news" Media (Propaganda is NOT journalism!)"

If you believe your own statement (above), then you ought to be careful what propaganda you're ready to deliver AS truth.

If this is an argument FOR Trump, you are delusional.

Thank you Ray.
Russian President Putin is no darling of the world but even he has made steps to get the Americans to climb down from their feelings of exceptionalism and accept reality.
A great article on Consortium news gives us a good idea of what we are going to get in a Clinton presidency. https://consortiumnews.com/2016/08/26/the-high-cost-of-american-hubris/.
Obama hasn't been a great president and his acceptance of the corporate agenda speaks for it's self. But in the Iran deal and the Syrian war he showed restraint I don't expect to see if Clinton is elected.
Jill Stein 2016

You never actually answered the question. Instead, you did your own version of a little psychoanalysis of me. That's quite common and known as deflection.

This is YOUR projection and has nothing to do with my comment:

"So you pulling the "TRUMP" card crap against me,"

I am challenging your apparent acceptance of the LIES surrounding the narrative of events as per 911.

I don't agree with the litmus test of 9/11 for judging people's validity.

I once saw people described as either conspiracy or coincidence theorists on 9/11. There's enough evidence on both sides to make me hold this in the same mental region I put people I just met. I listen to what they say but withhold belief until I know more.

It's going to be hell with Clinton. Hillary and her ideology is no different than Trump's. Republicans come right out and say it; Democrats fool the people with their social justice BS. Have the Democrats made any change to our voting rights? More bigotry, racism and the war on the poor, disabled and elderly; and that's just this country!. I will never vote for Hillary. Neoliberalism sucks and is the same as fascism. Who wins in the end?

Actually the whole thing was planned between Obama and Putin in St.Peterburg a week earlier. Obama was supposed threaten air strikes and Kerry was gonna make an off the cuff remark that there will be no air trikes if Syria places its chemical weapons under international control (""he could turn over every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community in the next week - turn it over, all of it without delay and allow the full and total accounting of it).

The next day also just so happened that Sergey Lavarov was meeting Walid al-Muallem in Moscow and proposed exactly the same thing. Al-Muallem agreed " full cooperation with Russia to remove any pretext for aggression"

As a former intelligence professional Mr. Ray McGovern is pretty good at painting facts different than they are. But I guess that's par for the course, that's how wars get started. Apparently these guys constantly "adjust" their assessments.