Home | About | Donate

'Renouncing Violence' Is a Demand Made Almost Exclusively of Muslims

'Renouncing Violence' Is a Demand Made Almost Exclusively of Muslims

Adam Johnson

A FAIR survey of the phrase “renounce violence” in the New York Times over the past 10 years shows that 95 percent of the time the demand is made of Muslim organizations, people or political parties, the most prominent being the Taliban and Hamas. There are zero instances of anyone in the Times—whether reporters quoting officials or columnists—from March 28, 2009, to March 28, 2019, insisting or suggesting that the United States, Israel or any white-majority country “renounce violence.”

2 Likes

The Mainstream media operates in lock step with the State , ensuring that the interests of the 1 percent always protected first and foremost. Violence is to tbe the Monopoly of the State , used to control a population and to ensure the property rights of the owner class come first and foremost. Racists use this language against persons of color for much the same reason , that to protect those in power.

If you’ll gather 'round me, children,
A story I will tell
'Bout Pretty Boy Floyd, an outlaw,
Oklahoma knew him well.

It was in the town of Shawnee,
A Saturday afternoon,
His wife beside him in his wagon
As into town they rode.

There a deputy sheriff approached him
In a manner rather rude,
Vulgar words of anger,
An’ his wife she overheard.

Pretty Boy grabbed a log chain,
And the deputy grabbed his gun;
In the fight that followed
He laid that deputy down.

Then he took to the trees and timber
Along the river shore,
Hiding on the river bottom
And he never come back no more.

Yes, he took to the trees and timber
To live a life of shame;
Every crime in Oklahoma
Was added to his name.

But a many a starvin’ farmer
The same old story told
How the outlaw paid their mortgage
And saved their little homes.

Others tell you 'bout a stranger
That come to beg a meal,
Underneath his napkin
Left a thousand-dollar bill.

It was in Oklahoma City,
It was on a Christmas Day,
There was a whole car load of groceries
Come with a note to say:

“Well, you say that I’m an outlaw,
You say that I’m a thief.
Here’s a Christmas dinner
For the families on relief.”

Yes, as through this world I’ve wandered
I’ve seen lots of funny men;
Some will rob you with a six-gun,
And some with a fountain pen.

And as through your life you travel,
Yes, as through your life you roam,
You won’t never see an outlaw
Drive a family from their home.

(Woody Guthrie)

Notice how it always those with MORE demanding that this with little or nothing renounce Violence?

7 Likes

Corey Booker caught on tape talking to AIPAC. He and AIPAC president, Mort Fridman:

“…talk often” and “text message back and forth like teenagers.”

Aw, that’s sweet. Booker didn’t name Ilhan Omar, but called her remarks:

“…absolutely unacceptable.”

That’s not sweet. That’s blind support for an apartheid regime.

Read the article for yourself. Booker sounds to me like a bought-and-paid-for AIPAC stooge.

4 Likes

We owe so much to FAIR for their rigorous research and reporting on “mainstream” corporate media corruption and biases.

As FAIR’s research in this report demonstrates, we can justifiably say “the white supremacist imperialist “mainstream” corporate media.”

5 Likes

Israel claims it is being held to a double standard within the UN and with human rights activists.

It is true.

They are allowed to openly commit criminal acts, even against children, with impunity. A Palestinian child with a stone will be shot or arrested. Grown Israelis on stolen land are treated as if they are justified and not held accountable. They are protected by the military while they attack and abuse and even kill the people they stole the land from. And Israel claims that they are the victims because those pesky Palestinians refuse to accept being treated like animals… The election rhetoric this cycle has been horrible as the killing and disenfranchising of Palestinians is lauded as a virtue.

How can rational people not see this is a travesty of justice sustained by a corrupt government? It is a sick manifestation of a governments priorities and power. And as this article states, it is always the “Arab/Muslim” that is wrong. The media pretends it is a war against equally powerful groups when in reality it is a heavily armed Israeli military against poor oppressed people with rocks, kites, and homemade rockets as weapons that rarely do more than a small amount of property damage. While Israel kills them, destroys their homes, and withholds basic necessities like food/water/electricity on a daily basis.

At least now it is being talked about more. People are less afraid of the overused anti-Semitic smear. We are starting to break through the curtain of silence our (USA) government and media provide them for cover. Too slow… but it is happening.

5 Likes

White violence, murder, assasinations, genocide is all justified because white people hold exclusive high moral ground when it comes to those decisions.

example: right before our eyes, look at how the Palestinians are being murdered by an army that should be wearing swazticas…

1 Like

I, have been waiting for 60 years for this, and the Palestinians,even longer. ‘Slow.’ I guess that’s the word. And even I have to admit that I have a lot more company now on this issue than I did long ago when basically everyone I met at anti-war rallies in the 60s and 70s were in total support of Israel. That change is a good thing and in many ways makes me happy but sometimes it makes me so angry that it takes such a long time for people to figure stuff out while all the time the killing continues.

2 Likes

I am 58… I wish I could have thought of a better word than slow, I too get angry that people choose to ignore the situation with either a “It is more complicated than it appears”, or “Both sides need to change”…

When ever anyone says something is “more complicated than it appears” as a defense, it is an attempt to throw shit into your eyes so you can’t see the obvious.

And one side wouldn’t need to change if the other took the boot off of their neck.

1 Like

Violence is responsible for a lot of the world’s troubles.

1. The increase of immigrants desperate to eneter the US at any cost is to a great extent a result of violence at home, which was to a great extent inflicted with the help of the US.
  2. The tremendous influx of immigrants entering Europe is primarily due to greedy and violent conflicts over resources and position in Africa and the Middle East.
  3. The slave ports of Libya are a result of the violent conflict that lay ruin to Khaddifi’s amazing Libya.
  4. The conflicts between India and Pakistan are due to tit for tat violent escapades.