Home | About | Donate

Rep. Mikie Sherrill Leads Demand for Probe of GOP Colleagues Who Gave 'Reconnaissance' Tours to Capitol Invaders

He gets two sheets, toilet paper, and a wool blanket.

On the plus side, he gets to read a book for the first time in his life.

1 Like

I think it’s too late for all of them now, which explains the grayish pallor to Orangeman’s face. Our fallen dictator-for-now markedly stopped the vain warnings about people getting mad over another impeachment, and issued a strikingly uncharacteristic meek appeal for peace. They were all shooting the moon, going for broke on the assumption January 6’s coup would be successful.

Fascism’s rise in USA was fueled by such amazing combinations of happenstance, depravity, fear, and threats – for so long it seemed like a rocket attaining escape velocity. But when I saw Orangeman’s surrender video, I knew it was all over for them now. The whole experiment in demolishing USA’s 250-year experiment has failed. We get to watch the perps (Gosar, Biggs, Brooks, Hawley) get frog-marched into custody now. Their fascist gambit flopped.

4 Likes

That is exactly why Trump put his people in key places.

3 Likes

Amazing, isn’t it.

I am not sure if Trump should be counted out quite yet. As I mentioned on another post:

“It may not be too surprising if Trump feels that he is the one to ‘finish the job’ as he might find some excuse to arrest Biden in order to remain in power. If Trump could not get his mob to accomplish a coup then he might feel that he himself needs to do something so that he can stay in the White House. The inept Democrats need to realize that Trump, like a cornered animal, is capable of doing anything during his last days in office.”

2 Likes

We could organize a protest in DC and go to the Capital Building, however, something tells me there would be PLENTY of Capital police there to greet us with tear gas and live ammo. Funny how that works.

4 Likes

From your pen to the Goddess’ ears!
I hope there are enough people of conscience and honor, dedication to the Common Good to make it so - to derail the long fall into corporate fascism and further capitalist domination and slavery of society. The domination of profits above all else is very well entrenched, media bought and paid-for, and many “ordinary” people brainwashed to believe it must be so. Keep the faith!.

2 Likes

Well honestly: I’m not as existentially optimistic as all that. There’s enough fossil carbon disgorged into Earth’s surface reservoirs to cook us already, and still it’s impolite to speak of stopping extraction. We’re a manifestly hopeless species, imho.

But the ascent of rapidly intensifying fascist hurt has been so overwhelming, ever since they squashed the life out of George Floyd, it’s as if I’ve been waiting to take a breath – to feel the slightest bit relieved. Now I can take a deep breath, is all. Whew!

2 Likes

I’ve seen pictures and a f b video of Ashli Babbitt.
Ms Babbitt is a brunette, Ms Sherrill is blonde-ish.
No, they do not look alike.
Ms Sherrill does not strike me in anyway, shape or form as a ‘crisis’ actor.
I am scratching my head as to why you would assert that Sherrill is…

1 Like

I shouldn’t surprise anyone that our mob boss President used his obedient Rethuglicans to case the joint before the attack. The mob boss was quick to call up the national guard against Black Lives Matter demonstrators but refused to do the same for the demonstrators he implored to invade the city from all over the country. The orange sloth’s words and behavior are worse than crying fire in a crowded theater.

6 Likes

~https://thehill.com/homenews/house/534064-pressleys-chief-of-staff-said-her-offices-panic-buttons-had-been-torn-out

3 Likes

I have not heard the fat lady singing. No one should be thinking or celebrating that this is all over. When the centuries-old rivers of hatred run at full flood, a temporary dam, or impeachment resolution, will not be enough to hold it back. There has to be accountability. And over the longterm there must be real redress of grievances and solutions to real problems, that neither party has shown a willingness to address, be it inequality of wealth or opportunity, or climate change and environmental destruction and more.

“Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.”

5 Likes

I strongly – albeit cheefully – disagree. I need to celebrate sometime. It’s time to break out the beer, folks. It’ll be okay for awhile. Sordid details of all the component conspiracies of the failed coup unravel before our eyes. Wow is my impression: COVID-45’s ability to keep all of us on edge every single day has officially expired – as of yesterday. You may now resume your life (official permission from a pessimist).

Thanks for the all clear on …breaking out the beer… I have been struggling with my dry January attempt, and am really missing my morning beer buzz, and am quite parched at present, and as I agree with you that we are amanisfesstly failed species then I would be foolish not to concur with you on the matter of said beers, I salute you sir you are a gentleman and a scholar, cheers, have a good day.

2 Likes

You ever watch the movie
“Cannibal women of the avocado jungle” ?? ( maybe avocado valley).
Hilarious.
“Beer. Beer. Beer. Beer”

2 Likes

Any House member who gave tours to the insurrections must be promptly expelled from Congress. Now we know why these terrorists knew where Jim Clyburns private office was located. Any congress member who is found to be complicit with the planing and or execution of these terrorist activities must be both expelled and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law and never allowed to hold public office again. We have to hold all these anti-democratic morons accountable or it will happen again and again and again until we no longer have a democratic republic.

8 Likes

They have cushy jobs waiting for them as lobbyists. They are owned. Owned by money.

5 Likes

Yes, this has been the problem (not government as that fool Reagan said) since the inception of our Republic. As evidenced by Thomas Jefferson who said: “I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country.” As we all are acutely aware this great hope was not realized but it is not too late!

5 Likes

I saw that, too - and not just her office, from reports I’ve seen. The evil plot thickens, indeed.

I truly hope for a full airing of ALL that happened that day and why, and that that reckoning is not forced through a political/electoral politics lens, which will surely be encouraged by our dear leaders.

3 Likes

Your post reminds me of the old joke about WMD’s in Iraq. The US government knows they have WMD’s in Iraq, because they have the receipts to prove it!

3 Likes