Home | About | Donate

Report Finds Toxins/Carcinogens in Popular Brands of Toothpaste

Report Finds Toxins/Carcinogens in Popular Brands of Toothpaste

Cornucopia Institute

CORNUCOPIA, WI - The latest report by The Cornucopia Institute, an organic industry watchdog, uncovers serious problems in cosmetics industry regulations. Regulatory weaknesses and loopholes allow for the use of questionable, even harmful ingredients in personal care products, such as toothpastes, that could negatively impact the health of the users.

###

Only the avarice is "natural"

What's really natural for cleaning your teeth (and a lot of other things) is baking powder, natrium bicarbonate. Buy it from the druggist, there's nothing in the package but n.b., a package lasts weeks, it tastes good, it's cheap, and it does a perfect job. Salt is too rough, baking powder is soft.
The Cornucopia report mentions that many of the additives in our food are almost certain to cause behavioral problems in children: adhd, pop a pill? Add to that the explosive growth of depressive adults, wheat intolerance, etc etc: the DuPonts and their spinoffs are poisoning everything and everyone.

Senator Tom Udall of New Mexico has been touting this as one of his signature pieces of legislation.

Guess it really is not considering the leaving out the part on the FDA cosmetics. Heck I used to clean Monsanto fragrance factory vats. Was residual toxins a warranted compromise yo get a "clean" product? I do not know.

That said keeping FDA out of the picture with cosmetics seems there was.likely some lobby money involved. Is there a trail of money from lobbyists or from the DNC superpacs?

What does everyone think or know?

Stephen From Albuquerque The City at the Edge of the World

I've used IPSAB powder for a while, with salt, soda and prickly ash bark.

(Needless to say, no fluoride.)

I've also been oil pulling with coconut oil for a few months.

And yes, we've been "blinded with science" to believe that its bastard offspring are superior to truly natural sources of health and nutrition.

There is dogma and magical thinking to be found on both sides of the fence, to be sure, but as a general rule, I look first to what arises from the earth before casting my lot with the labors of the laboratory.