Home | About | Donate

Report: Only 7% of Inmates' Loved Ones Say Prisoners Have Soap and Other Basic Necessities to Stop the Spread of Covid-19

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/03/report-only-7-inmates-loved-ones-say-prisoners-have-soap-and-other-basic-necessities

1 Like

Land of the free my ass.

DT and wrecking crews’ sadism.

Genocide by pandemic proxy marches full speed ahead in our prisons and migrant camps.

Prolonged, concentrated exposure to this pathogen results in more severe infections, more death and permanent disability. That’s what prisoners and guards get in prison: ideal bug-breeding conditions, with co-pathogens to supercharge invasion, and to give SARS2 some fresh genetic ideas.

2 Likes

Biden was the architect of mass incarceration. Bill and Hillary used Biden to bring them all to heel. The Democrats are the ones who get the most odious legislation passed because we pay attention to what Republicans do.

1 Like

Land of poisoned water, air, land and education by government which has prayer meetings run by the secretary of state. Land of fascism by christianity.

1 Like

Fact most do know about our prison system, unless someone in your life is in prison. Prisoners are supplied with issued clothes, a bed (most of the time), and crappy food that barely meets the day’s minimum daily nutrition requirements. Anything else must be bought at the prison store at super inflated prices by the inmate. No prison job, no family paying into an account, means no “frills”, like toothpaste, soap, etc.
Many prisons and local jails have stopped phone calls and in-person visitation completely, and replaced it with expensive video chats. It’s all a business now, squeezing inmates and their families for every last penny.

3 Likes

There has been such a riling up of folk on the right, that many seem to receive these reports with enthusiasm and joy.

2 Likes

Our prisons along with the refugee detention centers are a shameful Gulag right here in this “free” country. (Frequently I want to vomit when I consider where I live right now.)

1 Like