Home | About | Donate

Report Shows US Corporate Tax Dodging Still Rampant, Still Legal

Report Shows US Corporate Tax Dodging Still Rampant, Still Legal

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

A new report released Tuesday reveals how "U.S.-based multinational corporations are allowed to play by a different set of rules than small and domestic businesses or individuals when it comes to paying taxes"—to the tune of more than $100 billion every year.

How can this be considered legal if it's well understood that offenders are lying about the foreign origin of these profits? Sounds entirely prosecutable to me on its face.

I, too, get tired of these reports that change nothing. It just more evidence of the blatant FUs we're getting from our 'corporatocracy'. I can just hear all those CEOs saying "Yeah. So? Whatcha gonna do about it? It's legal!

And it will stay legal unless and until we get $$$$ out of politics. What used to be 'service' is now a scam.

Trump's comment during the debate, "That makes me smart", says it all. The 1% have gone WAY beyond pretending to be moral, ethical, responsible leaders. They're rich and powerful, they break laws and/or they wright laws specifically to help themselves at our expense, they own lavish properties and hold torrid sex parties with children, they murder their enemies with impunity, and they don't care if everyone knows about it because they know there isn't a damn thing anyone is going to do about it.

What they underestimate is the limit of the people's toleration for such reprehensible behavior. It's getting close to a breaking point. The Romans underestimated it, King Louis XVI underestimated it, Czar Nicholas II underestimated it, Mussolini underestimated it, and our own Oligarchic ruling class is currently underestimating it. Yes, this can be turned around through a massive house-cleaning effort on the part of the government, but if history is any indicator in this case, they'll continue to flaunt their riches until the day they find themselves at the mercy of the mob.