Home | About | Donate

'Report The Urgency! This is a Climate Emergency!': 70+ Arrested Outside New York Times Demanding Paper Treat Climate Like Crisis It Is

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/23/report-urgency-climate-emergency-70-arrested-outside-new-york-times-demanding-paper

6 Likes

On what charge are these protesters being detained ?

How if the NYT publish the Constitution - as a sort of trip into nostalgia ?

10 Likes

Why the hell are these people being ARRESTED?!!! I’m so sick of Truth Telling being punished by arrest.

18 Likes

So is more than 45.3 seconds going to be devoted in the Dem debates on this subject?

10 Likes

The corporate masse media needs to be accountable for ignoring climate facts and not INFORMING the people of the consequences that are inevitable.

The New York Time is a neoliberal rag that all the stupid dims read and think they are informed. Show your disrespect call the NYT and just say “Bastards” and hang up. Easy … w/o arrest.

7 Likes

A few things: People are now arrested for any Protest, and I applaud their efforts. All major News sources should be targeted who refuse to comment on Climate Change. At this point, anyone who is not familiar with most of the aspects, causes and results of Climate Change needs to leave their Cave. We have the numbers and should use them against any Entity that refuses to Comply.

9 Likes

They are shutting down this Natural Gas fueled powerplant 20 years early because it not competitve with Solar and wind.

9 Likes

nope.,. Don’t want to embarrass Biden and the ‘Donors’

4 Likes

So what would happen if they had to arrest thousands?

5 Likes

Not even 45 seconds! Governor Jay Inslee, who is running his whole campaign on our climate emergency, has been told by the DNC that subject will not be allowed in the upcoming debates.

2 Likes

Can I add a “rat” in front of the ‘b’ word?
thanks in advance…:):grinning:

The whole of lamestreet media is a HUGE problem that needs to be broken up and return to many local owners, many regional owners, and many, many national news organizations.

Bring back the free press for we the people.

7 Likes

Dissent has become illegal.

7 Likes

FEMA camps

2 Likes

so agree with these smart protestors. WE ARE ALL IN A CLIMATE EMERGENCY. For the so-called paper of “record” (whose record is that anyway) to eliminate the word emergency is dreadful and shows us as if we needed any more proof, how irrelevant their paper has become.

thanx to the protestors for taking them on. I appreciate it.

4 Likes

No, really need to be civilized here and I for one should not comment on CR before coffee.

FEMA Concentration Camps!

3 Likes

yea, that’s the reference

1 Like

Ok, just a tiny bit of green on a big bus roof. But the article shows pics of some places that really are making a green effort. Singapore is an island city with shore-to-shore highrises. If highrise with trees on the balconies were a requirement for highrises everywhere, well, that would be substantial.

That was part of my point in my post. Thousands, millions… If we used our numbers instead of our keyboards we’d get a lot more accomplished. Again, look at Hong Kong.

2 Likes