Home | About | Donate

Republican Data-Mining Firm Exposed Personal Information for Virtually Every American Voter

Republican Data-Mining Firm Exposed Personal Information for Virtually Every American Voter

Sam Biddle, The Intercept

The GOP's 2016 presidential upset wasn't surprising just because it put Donald Trump in the White House; it also proved the party had vastly improved its ability to exploit data, including precision ad targeting campaigns on Facebook. Now comes the fallout of all that information hoarding: A California-based security researcher says Republican-linked election databases were inadvertently exposed to the entire internet, sans password, potentially violating the privacy of almost every single registered voter in the United States.

Didn't I just catch a moment of the shadow President, Kushner, saying something about more federal data "need[ing] to be moved to the cloud" (I was in the middle of too many other things)?

The fed is already paying for me and millions of other former federal contractors to have our identities monitored because of that earlier big breach. I don't mind, but I don't actually use the cloud.