Home | About | Donate

Republican Party Nukes the US Senate for "Trump's Corrupt Agenda"

Republican Party Nukes the US Senate for "Trump's Corrupt Agenda"

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Outrage swelled on Thursday after Senate Republicans changed the rules in their favor, all but ensuring Friday's confirmation of President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee, Neil Gorsuch.

I wish people would stop saying trump's agenda. It is the republican wet dream come true, nothing more, nothing less. They simply now have a fool they can depend on to sign all their extreme anti people agenda.

Trump has no "agenda", just campaign slogans and an ever growing list of enemies that only he can save his followers from. For the sake of looking presidential, Trump will indeed keep rubber stamping all of the regressive legislation the GOP has been unable get signed into law within the past three decades.

Yes, they have always been this way. Thank you.

I am going to make sure I send the opponents of demoRATS Heitkamp, Donnelly, & the other 2 rats:
I will send them everything I can (the opponents) financially to make sure these demoRATS
get the message and jump the sinking political demoRATic party, and go back to private
corporate lobbying life...
just get rid of them...
I managed to cough up close to $800 for Bernie, so if I save my pennies now, I hope to surpass that when these demoRATS start their re-election campaigns...
if nothing else, maybe that will send a message to the other demoRATS to start changing their
demoRATic tune and start SERVING THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!!
(remember them, demoRATS??)...

So now our country enters upon the 'gamble' with this go for broke extremism. With 'We the People' undermined if not simply betrayed, the center doesn't hold and now the fringe, the psychological outliers and the unbalanced have no anchor to restrain their asocial impulses. The gamble was 'stability' but the wager was a shared belief in democracy and that trust in democracy was sacrosanct to all regardless of class or privilege. Yet they dared show that they do not believe in democracy. If the top does not respect democracy neither will the bottom. That is not a prediction but only an observation shown by history.

The gamble was a quiet, orderly and lawful life. The wager was unrest and disquiet. A sense of tradition lost and of a society unraveling. Whom do you trust after you are cheated? When the law is being rigged against you and patently unfair, do you still believe in it?

When they cheat and change the rules which laws should be respected?

The wealthy elites are panicking! They sense that the climate will soon erupt into chaos and they want to be prepared for the backlash (that they actually believe is justified). So they now opt for protofascism and increasing control rather than risk that their advantages could be watered down by democracy. Greed appears to have won the gamble as yet but only a very few at the very top are ever sustained by unchecked greed.

What then will follow...

...when the center doesn't hold?

I'm furious! I'm furious at the Democratic National Committee for corrupting the Democratic primary to the extent that the most viable candidate in that race, who is currently the most popular politician in the country, and the ONLY candidate who could have defeated the Orange Fool and prevented the carnage we see happening all over the place was denied the nomination he deserved.

Frankly I am surprised they used the nuclear option, when the Democrats are in the majority, with a Democratic president doing the nominating, turnabout will be fair play. Actually, Harry Reid and the Democrats modified the rule in 2013. From the Washington Post:

"Senate Democrats took the dramatic step Thursday of eliminating filibusters for most nominations by presidents, a power play they said was necessary to fix a broken system but one that Republicans said will only rupture it further.

Democrats used a rare parliamentary move to change the rules so that federal judicial nominees and executive-office appointments can advance to confirmation votes by a simple majority of senators, rather than the 60-vote supermajority that has been the standard for nearly four decades.

The immediate rationale for the move was to allow the confirmation of three picks by President Obama to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit — the most recent examples of what Democrats have long considered unreasonably partisan obstruction by Republicans."...Nov. 21, 2013.

The Democratic change exempted Nominations for the Supreme Court. In the meantime the GOP will run wild, not a pretty picture.

trump is the heart, soul and face of the republican party. trump agenda=whatever is best for the filthy rich billionaire elites. GOPer Agenda=trump agenda.

It is time for some patriotic citizen, preferably one from Kentucky, to kidnap McConnell, drive him back to Kentucky, strip him naked and leave him bound and gagged on the steps of the state capital in Frankfort. Bonus points for hanging a sign around his neck that says "I suck Trump's d--k."

But McConnell's action did not eliminate the filibuster as it applies to all other legislation. The Democrats can still filibuster the rest of the Trump Agenda, if they have the guts. I would be for total elimination of the rule. Is there another legislative body in the world that requires a 60 vote majority to pass legislation?

This is not about "Republicans". C-O-U-P spells criminal banks.

Hypocrisy reigns supreme within congressional Republican circles:

While we're at it, let's name the six global banking cartel families of the Crown Temple that own and rule the world:

• Rothchild
  • Rockefeller
  • Morgan
  • Carnegie
  • Harriman
  • Schiff
  • Warburg

Democratic Party Senators surely have some reflection to do on their past attitudes toward the Republican Party. This is no longer the GOP of the 1960's with responsible leadership that cared about tradition, decorum and responsibility. That is something of the past and the Democrats at long last need to recognize that fact.

Through the Obama years, Democratic Senators under the leadership of Harry Reid resisted invoking the nuclear option - to preserve tradition and to preserve that power for the minority for when the Democratic Party might again be in the minority. So what good came from that?

And Harry Reid had the example of how this 21th century Republican Party behaved so irresponsibly with regard to Obama as President. It was pretty clear that this was a party that did not know how to behave as adults, much less as responsible adults. It was foolish of Obama to expect decent behavior from them and it was even more foolish for Harry Reid to expect decent behavior after observing them doing otherwise. I have to admit to the same failure - I really did expect better from Maine's senior Senator, Susan Collins but she too voted to abandon Senate tradition - apparently just to install a radical activist to the Supreme Court.

Yes, randlieb, you are so right! I expected this from the hyper-partisan traitor McConnell. When he refused, over a year ago, to even consider Judge Garland, I knew he was waiting for this day.

So much for "Democrats are just as bad as Republicans". THEY ARE NOT! McConnell made it very clear 8 years ago, when he pledged total non-cooperation with President Obama. Please don't
tell me about Obama's failure to do many of the things we wanted. I am well aware of those. I am also well aware of the unremitting hostility and resistance on the part of Congressional Republicans to
ANYTHING he tried to do to make things better.

Bottom line: Republican politicians only care about placating their base supporters, which are a minority in this country. They do not seem to actually care about the rest of us at all. They haven't for a long time. As long as I live, I swear that I will NEVER vote for a Republican!

Beautifully written, Wereflea!

I wonder if any of this will push the USA over the brink of civil violence?

Obvious ending.

Will you lefties give it up! Finally, THE FILIBUSTER IS DEAD! And, when those Damnocraps come back into a majority in the Senate ... wel-l-l- ... let's put that aside. There's a time to celebrate with wine, and a time to complain with whine. Right now is a time to celebrate with wine! What's that? Have I ever read of The Monkey's Paw? What's that? Sounds like some useless literature.