Home | About | Donate

Republican Senator Who Voted for Trump's $1.5 Trillion Tax Cut for the Rich Blocks $1,200 Stimulus Checks

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/18/republican-senator-who-voted-trumps-15-trillion-tax-cut-rich-blocks-1200-stimulus

3 Likes

Run on that crap in GA now. This header would make a fine ad.

Take the senate back and we can answer a few questions around here.

Btw, FREE SKEPTICTANK.

Maybe CD can issue that brother a pardon.

22 Likes

What happened to Skeptictank??? Banned???

8 Likes

Suspended, until January 1, based on the number of flags that other commenters gave him.

6 Likes

“[T]erminate emergency lending programs authorized by the CARES Act”

In others words, give crumbs but take a loaf.

6 Likes

Props to Josh Hawley (R, MO), apparently the lone Republican Senator with an actual conscience. Imagine, putting people’s needs first?

13 Likes

Suspended? Sounds like st. Trinians school. LOL

5 Likes

Ron Johnson has an estimated net worth of $39,233,507, according to Open Secrets!

13 Likes

And this is why the left not really grappling with the insights of MMT is such a problem. If you accept this ignorant deficit bullshit (Pelosi, on a fundamental level, agrees with this), horrible ghouls like this prick will use the misunderstandings and ignorance to selectively pretend to care about deficits, which is a complete non-issue. Complete non-issue. When he is saying that he is oh so concerned about the deficit, what he is saying in actuality is that he is really concerned with how much money the state is leaving in the economy. How do you reduce a deficit? You take money out of the economy. You, at least for a period, tax more than you spend, or you could sell bonds, which also takes money out of the economy. But, if the state sells bonds (which it does not need to do in order to spend) then public debt goes up, which is another non-issue that horrible, soulless people like this will cynically use.

The politicians on the left have to finally have some guts and have to start having people like Stephanie Kelton front and center. Bernie had her as a chief economic adviser, and I know that he is knowledgeable about MMT, so is AOC. Neither of them have used those insights, not once directly, when discussing public sector spending. That is a crime. They have to use those insights right now and moving forward and need to push back on a fundamental level to his brain dead argument. He doesn’t care about the damn deficit. He wants the state to inject money into the economy, and for it to find its way to him and his donors. He doesn’t want the state to inject money into the economy that finds its way to YOU. It is class war, nothing else. Period, end of story.

Deficits are needed, they don’t result in our children having debt they will have to pay back, and his issue ultimately isn’t deficits, it is the state not working for horrible capitalists like him. The left better get serious about taking power.

20 Likes

I’m from Wisconsin and I oughta know,
Ron Johnson is a great big A-HOLE.

14 Likes

obviously he’s in a hurry to get over the 40 mill hump.

4 Likes

Hi gandolf;

Maybe his name isn’t really Ron Johnson----- It’s probably ROBBING HOOD. He stealss from the POOR and gives even more to the rich.

3 Likes

You hit the nail on the head, that is exactly what it is. If the slaves get to well off they won’t need to be slaves anymore.

11 Likes

Hi Tina_F.
Wow! At his estimated worth-----however— his soul appears to be missing! : 0

6 Likes

Instead of getting a $1200 check, I’d prefer to take that much out on Ron Johnson’s hide.

6 Likes

It’s worse than that because he is a power hungry, mean spirited S.O.B. as well.
He nearly makes me as sick as trump does.

6 Likes

I’m grateful for Senator Hawley standing firm on this one – and for Bernie still pushing the issue.

6 Likes

Weird. I never saw him say anything offensive.

3 Likes

When will the hard right understand the United States is a sick joke to the rest of the world? Well, never, but still. It’s Republicans like Ron Johnson who make us look bad, and Democrats like Joe Manchin who are big helpers.

7 Likes

Me neither.

3 Likes