Home | About | Donate

Republicans Admit They Lose When Elections are Fair and Free

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/04/10/republicans-admit-they-lose-when-elections-are-fair-and-free

1 Like

Now that Moscow Mitch and his band of pirates disguised as the US Senate has stacked all federal courts with young right wing “judges” is there any way to prevent corrupt courts from overturning attempts to make elections fair and free ?

2 Likes

Guillotines. Anything less may be too little, too late.

5 Likes

Dr. Martha Stout, who wrote The Sociopath Next Door, wrote an article about how sociopaths are drawn to politics like dung beetles to crap(though not in such crude terms). And the more a movement rewards the ability not to show remorse, empathy, or compassion, and its members have no conscience, the more they’re able to draw people in with their lies. All movements have authoritarian threads, but the right-wing, with its reliance on domination and cold blooded selfishness, knows it must cheat in order to win. And will do so until stopped cold.
In the US…that would mean a total and complete revamping of The System. Won’t happen. Next best Plan B would be to allow these folks to live with their own kind, shielded from the rest of the world like a cancer in situ.

2 Likes

All true and thanks to Bill Moyers for the interview. However the DNC have ensured that the American people have the worst possible candidate to take on Trump. Once again its hold your nose time as you cast your vote - Even for Bernie supporters - just about any other candidate (Warren, Pete B, Booker etc.) would inspire more enthusiasm than zombie Joe.

5 Likes

There has long been an element in this country that see elections as a nuisance, to be tolerated only as long as there is no threat to the status quo or vested economic interests. It is with that element where true power lies, and the greater the threat they see the more extreme their measures will be.

2 Likes

" 'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." John F Kennedy, 1962

4 Likes

Of course the Republicans know this, and it suits the advertised ideology for them to admit it.

But let’s recall that 5 out of 6 hopefuls for the Democratic candidacy allowed to participate in a debate stood side by side a few weeks ago and announced that they favored ignoring the popular vote. And the candidate who had been banned from the stage has now endorsed one of the losers who wished to ignore the vote–and not the best of these worst, at that.

When elections are fair and free, such politicians lose, regardless of affiliation–and yes, to clarify, I certainly do mean to include any Republicans that I know of in this.

I’d call for a plague on both their houses, but the citation feels a bit too contemporary and literal at the moment.

2 Likes

Now if we could only get the website Real Clear Politics or Townhall to print this …
meanwhile Amy Goodman reported that one American is now dying every 47 seconds from Covid19

4 Likes

Sadly Bernie is not longer a candidate.
I don’t have anything against Joe and I know is too late, but I wish GAVIN NEWSOM, could be our next PRESIDENT !
Gavin Newsom, California governor should be our next president ! He put public health before economy. He mandated an early stay home order to stop or control the spreading of the virus ! He was able to get enough respirators for Californians !
I also recognize the excellent work of the governors of Oregon and Washington State !

1 Like

Sadly Bernie is not longer a candidate.
I don’t have anything against Joe and I know is too late, but I wish GAVIN NEWSOM, could be our next PRESIDENT !
Gavin Newsom, California governor should be our next president ! He put public health before economy. He mandated an early stay home order to stop or control the spreading of the virus ! He was able to get enough respirators for Californians !
I also recognize the excellent work of the governors of Oregon and Washington State !

Bill Barr is about to unveil a fascist witch hunt the likes of which we have rarely seen, if ever in this country. What he is about to do to the Obama Administration’s FBI and Russia Probe will make the McCarthy Communist Witch Hunts look like a parlor game of light entertainment.
And we talk of this and that as if things are just so…blah blah blah

1 Like

Republicans Admit They Lose When Elections are Fair and Free

That includes the Republican-lite crowd now in control of the D-Party

4 Likes

I “wonder” why this admission is not front and center, across all media.
You can bet if a Democrat (let alone one who was president) had said this about his/her party, the media would have jumped all over it, right away. But not ours, which is largely complicit.

1 Like

The M$M is part of the Cabal. and they get paid handsomely for it

3 Likes

No doubt about it. I think about that when Maddow or Lemon are going off on DT or someone in his “administration.” Their employers are mega-corporations, and likely tolerating it only because both hosts garner high ratings. Recall the former head of CBS (Moonves) who publicly stated that “I know that Trump is hurting America, but he’s great for the ratings.”

2 Likes

An article about how Republicans ‘cheat’ by ‘gerrymandering’ and then shows the 4th congressional district of Illinois which includes part of Cook County, and has long been represented by Democrats Luis Gutiérrez and later by Jesús “Chuy” García.
The 4th. Was created by the Democratic controlled general assembly to ensure that a Latino would be elected. A very partisan decision.

What a disappointment this interview was, to only talk of unfair election tactics on the right, as if they were the only culprits. And not one word uttered between the two about our corrupt voting machines.
Expect better from you Mr. Moyers.

2 Likes

The democrats are in the thick of one of the most corrupt elections cycles we’ve seen since 2016 and not a word about electronic fractional vote counting, 5 hour waits to vote in a democrat primary,the Buttigieg app, or the MSNBC propaganda machine.

3 Likes

or the recent history of Democrats suppressing Green votes by constantly dragging that party into court to challenge signatures.

the hypocrisy is staggering.

2 Likes