Home | About | Donate

Republicans' Food Stamp Work Requirement Is a Scheme to Punish Hungry Americans

Republicans' Food Stamp Work Requirement Is a Scheme to Punish Hungry Americans

Jim Pugh

Growing up in Boonville, California in the 1990s, a friend of mine would sometimes jokingly use the phrase "the beatings will continue until morale improves." If people are feeling bad, what better incentive to change their mood than getting repeatedly whacked with a stick?

Some of the most common barriers to employment are insufficient education or skills, mental health issues, hiring biases and a lack of job opportunities. Fear of not having enough to eat does nothing to overcome those obstacles.

Some people only feel good when making others suffer. I believe the word is sadists.

Unless it is the evil bastards who deserve suffering who are made to suffer, then the term is justice a la schadenfreude. Their day shall come.

The “Cruel and Unusual” Empire Strikes Again.

Poverty is a weapon of mass destruction.

Just look around you, it isn’t just people, it’s schools, bridges, water delivery systems, sanitation systems, blah blah blah while the war machine gets everything bright and shiney new. We kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Amazing isn’t it, how talented we are at killing things. I am of the opinion that the GOP is a terrorist organization using the FBI definition. Without vote records in front of me I will just include everyone as a maybe. Our guvmint is a domestic organization of terror. I have been disabled since 1993 and every year it is the same thing, jump through 10 hoops to get crumbs off the floor the dog left behind. This has destroyed my self image completely.

Looks like the libertarians are on the march, ripping the safety net to shreds. This move has Koch brothers written all over it. I wonder if Rand Paul is complaining that it doesn’t go far enough.

We should say feed two birds with one hand except that wild animals only have fifteen per cent of their original habitat spaces due to overpopulation of humans. Sorry for your suffering at the hands of the fat cats. Really I think we all need to stop buying their products, and yes I agree with you about the GOP>

Every morning there is a crew that walks the street of New York picking up the dead birds that have flown into the glass towers. Geez! And thanks.