Home | About | Donate

Republicans Have Four Easy Ways to #ReleasetheMemo — and the Evidence For it. Not Doing So Will Prove Them to Be Shameless Frauds.

Republicans Have Four Easy Ways to #ReleasetheMemo — and the Evidence For it. Not Doing So Will Prove Them to Be Shameless Frauds.

Glenn Greenwald, Jon Schwarz
If this is "worse than Watergate" — Republicans obviously have every incentive to get it into the public's hands as soon as possible. Indeed, one could argue that they have the duty to do so.

‘Rep. Mark Meadows, chair of the House Freedom Caucus, called the memo “troubling” and “shocking” and said, “Part of me wishes that I didn’t read it because I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much.” GOP Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania stated: “You think about, ‘Is this happening in America or is this the KGB?’ That’s how alarming it is.”’

The competition for Best Performance at the Fake Oscars has begun!

GG please release the rest of Snowdon emails.

What a transparent attempt to distract from the looming shut down.

Please, by all means #ReleaseTheMemo.

The rhetoric issuing from GOP members who read the memo is notably extreme. North Carolina Republican Rep. Mark Meadows, chair of the House Freedom Caucus, called the memo “troubling” and “shocking” and said, “Part of me wishes that I didn’t read it because I don’t want to believe that those kinds of things could be happening in this country that I call home and love so much.” GOP Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania stated: “You think about, ‘Is this happening in America or is this the KGB?’ That’s how alarming it is.”
Dear Reps Meadows and Perry. This is how I feel every day when I get up about the damage to freedom and equality and justice and the earth and more being done by the Republicans pretty much every day.

Hey GOpee, put up or shut up.
I agree Wise Owl, Best Performance at the Fake Oscars has indeed begun.

our bubble illusion of freedom is in danger of popping. some of us have been noticing the changes

https://prism-break.org/en/

learn how to protect yourself…use a VPN…even then you only minimize, they can get into air gap machines now…this has been going on for a very long time and yet people buy cell phones and use wifi and they haven’t a clue…stop doing what you do with modern techie stuff, wise up

Are we finally beginning to recognise this extensive NSA spy program for what it really is: The end of any remote chance of democracy.

“To immediately declassify all the relevant information”

That depends on how you define RELEVANT.

Republicans are liars. That is the truth. They exist in Trump’s shithole reality.

#WeweaseBwian

If the Republicans have dirt on a democratic administration and they are not releasing it, it may be that they are just holding off until before the November election. If they have stooped so low as using information that the public should have as political chips, it should be even more of an incentive to vote them out in November.

Yes, that is the only explanation for them not to release this memo that would be so damaging to the Democrats.

Of course, what would a memo showing corruption in the last presidential administration have to do with the task of getting congress filled with people who will at least provide us with a chance to make things better for the working class and the environment?

Just a reminder (at least, it should be a reminder) that the FBI and DOJ took forever to provide Nunes’ committee with the documents he had requested. He finally got the documents within the last few weeks. Then, there was a vote (Thursday, I believe), as to whether to release the memo to all members of the House. The vote went along party lines: all Republicans on the committee voting to let all members see it; all Democrats on the committee voting to not let all members of the House see the memo. – But, I don’t see anyone here questioning why the Dems would not want the rank and file of Congress to see the memo. Now, why is that?

No Secrets Allowed