Home | About | Donate

RESIST DAY #33: What You Can Do Today

RESIST DAY #33: What You Can Do Today

Common Dreams staff

Monday, February 21, 2017

• Confront Your Member of Congress
  • Participate in this week's #ResistTrumpTuesdays

What You Can Be Doing Everyday

There IS an Indivisible Group in my area, but the only way I can join is through Facebook. I refuse to join Facebook. Seems to me that this "Indivisible Group" is already dividing itself from the rest of us. THAT WON'T END WELL!

Why not just show up at the scheduled event? They are going to turn you away? Ask you for your Facebook sign in?

There is no scheduled event since our Congress-critter is a Blue Dog DINO and has not scheduled any Town Halls. I have emailed a couple of folks who are members and asked them how I can participate. Three days and I have not received any reply. Incidentally, I have lived in this area for over 40 years and so I know most progressives, and far too many regressives as well. Again, if that's typical of the organization's outreach abilities, Indivisible is in deep trouble.

Any chance you can organize an event even if only with friends and family? Here in Vermont I had the same experience with the indivisible group--maybe it was one of my stated purposes to fight for single-payer and not the ACA? I have no wish to see anyone loose coverage as I too would become a victim but single-payer would cover everyone without the robbing Peter to pay Paul.

I give them all credit that somebody is organizing against the coup. They have moved swiftly and Bless Each and Every one of them for doing what needs to be done.

This is needed and will bear good fruit with or without Facebook.

There are always those who do other things. First we try to restore our democracy. We resist the coup (of which Trump is the crude frontal assault that is in our face) one way or another, sooner or later!

They forget that people like their freedoms and won't easily let them slide by simply with the passage of time. Trump's denialism notwithstanding... time is not on the side of the right wing.

No president (no American political figure in fact) has ever been so abhorred by the public. Even the Repubs are scrambling to get what they want as soon as possible because they fear the Trump Tower any just collapse with impeachment or by public unrest.

Interesting times!

Start your own Indivisible group. Maybe there are a lot of people who feel like you do. I won't register with Facebook either but generally an e-mail address is all you need to get involved.

Years ago the GOP did a similar program. But theirs was to get ordinary folks to run for office. The line I heard was "If you are uncomfortable with what is being taught to your children run for school board and change it." It has and does work. With this election, the GOP is within one state of having enough states run by the GOP to change the US Constitution.

Common Dreams. You Rock! We need Keith Ellison, Jill Stein and Bernie Sanders arm-in-arm. On every cable network. On every talk show. We are in the middle of the "Big Muddy" (Pete Seeger). These three "Musketeers" are needed. We working people need to hold fast and KEEP SMILIN'!

PC has the correct answer!

Trump speaks power to truth

I agree with you about Facebook. I will never join it. Some of the "progressive" websites are accepting comments only through Facebook, and I do not like it at all.

Protect the United States of America's greatest NATIONAL RESOURCE, WATER. It is a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY. Call the United States Army Corps of Engineers Headquarter in Washington, D.C. 202-761-0011 and demand that they follow their own guidelines and protect our water and water protectors. You can leave a message. No pipeline should be built near a body of water.