Home | About | Donate

RESIST DAY #35: What You Can Do Today

RESIST DAY #35: What You Can Do Today

Common Dreams staff

Thursday, February 23, 2017

And if you need something else, tell them we need to end the war on drugs, and they need to support LEAP.

(In 2002, five police officers founded Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit composed of police and other criminal justice professionals dedicated to educating the public about the harms of drug prohibition. In January 2017, while reaffirming our commitment to ending the War on Drugs, LEAP became the Law Enforcement Action Partnership in order to advocate for solutions across a broader range of drug policy and criminal justice issues).

In fact, ask that since Spicer just said that present the admin. is going to increase the war on marijuana (I assume that means to increase arrests, seizures $$$, jail, prison, torture, and slavery.

If they don't, or wish to stand with drumpf, then at the next public event, ask them why they do not support LEAP, and ask them what more do they know about the war on drugs than these cops who have been there, done that, and now say STOP it.
https://lawenforcementactionpartnership.org/

I will see if I can round up some people for a Hands Off Medicare/ Medicaid, Single-Payer Now! local action.

From the congress man of my area:
February 23, 2017

Dear Ms. Lepore,

Thank you for contacting me about healthcare. I appreciate your feedback and strongly believe that all Americans should have access to quality, affordable health care.

I strongly support and am a cosponsor of H.R. 676, the Expanded and Improved Medicare For All Act, which would establish a single-payer health care system for all Americans. This bill was referred to multiple House committees including Energy and Commerce and Ways and Means.

Please keep in touch. I look forward to seeing you in Vermont.

Sincerely,

PETER WELCH

Member of Congress

And we will be holding a rally this Saturday!

Any advances we make on all the other issues we value will be made useless if we don't act immediately and radically to create an ecological society that avoids the worst of climate catastrophe and the larger ecological crisis.

Something to do every day:
Pledge to support, donate to and vote for only those candidates who sign the pledge supporting a Climate Mobilization, a massive immediate buildup of efficiency, conservation and clean safe renewable energy infrastructure, transformation of agriculture and reforestation.

Thank you for pulling this together!

Hopefully, it will become a regular feature!

Onward!

Another thing I could do today is find a website that has information on the Wednesday night DNC Chair debate.

The one in Burlington has been canceled but there are 3 others around the state. And from what I understand they are being sponsored by OurRevolution rather then Rep. Welch.