Home | About | Donate

Resolution to Get Trump's Taxes from Steven Mnuchin Faces Vote Tuesday

Resolution to Get Trump's Taxes from Steven Mnuchin Faces Vote Tuesday

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The House Ways and Means Committee is poised to vote on a resolution of inquiry Tuesday that would direct the Treasury Department to release President Donald Trump's taxes.

H.Res. 186, introduced earlier this month by Rep. Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.), directs Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to hand over copies of Trump's returns from 2006 to 2015, as well as any information the department has on his foreign debts and investments and use of tax-avoidance schemes.

Well, being that the resolution was introduced by a Democrat, many Rethugs will vote "no" to fall into lockstep with their obstinacy and obstructionist tactics over the last eight years and counting. Chairman Brady's (R-TX) statement speaks volumes: "rummage around" Trump's tax returns. Guess they that have the most to hide do all in their power to keep their secrets hidden regardless of their responsibility to the public whom they took a vow to represent and to uphold the Constitution. And Mnuchin is not about to comply (cannot tell a billionaire, especially one who has wielded unchecked power at GS for years what to do). Those are only words, I guess.

Tried to call my rep (a Rethug...I live in a rural area, what can I say) at ALL the numbers including the D.C. office and like has been the case for over a month, no answer and the voice mail is full. Sent an e-mail, again!

I believe what Trump fears the most about disclosing his tax returns is that they will show that he is worth FAR less than he brags about - possibly only a mere millionaire and not a billionaire.

so how did the vote go ? I am not seeing anything anywhere about it

That's exactly what I have been saying all along too.

Or that he is severely in debt.

On March 28 (yesterday), it was put before the Ways and Means Committee for "markup" (Markup (or mark-up) is the process by which a U.S. congressional committee or state legislative session debates, amends, and rewrites proposed legislation.) When you listen to Brady's opening statement, the resolution is going to be dead in the water. (Click on the video link provided to hear the markup proceeding.) It will not make it to the floor for a vote with the Rethugs in power.