Home | About | Donate

'Results May Be Catastrophic': Concerns Grow as Trump Shuns Global Cooperation on Covid-19 Treatment

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/04/results-may-be-catastrophic-concerns-grow-trump-shuns-global-cooperation-covid-19

4 Likes

so maybe you can impeach him now, eh?

he’s only a two-legged crime spree at the moment.

whaddya say, Nance?

6 Likes

i wish progressives would stop cooperating with the powers-that-be’s narrative that “Trump is botching the response” to this pandemic, when, in reality the GOAL of the powers that be is to maximize the damage/suffering caused by this pandemic.

The more extreme the “shock” to all of us, the more wealth the capitalists will extract in bailouts, tax cuts, etc. By their warped worldview, Trump’s doing an excellent job.

6 Likes

Catastrophe is coming to the USA no matter what. The USA is owned and controlled by the oligarchs completely now and they will let everything burn to the ground in their endless quest to amass all the artificial wealth they can. Trump is nothing but a sideshow as to what is going on behind the scenes. Trump is the inevitable outcome of a country that was founded on genocide and slavery from day one. Concern?! If there was concern in the USA (going back decades at least) there would be massive general strikes and boycotts of all the corporations and their oligarch owners. And NO ONE would be voting for either party as they only serve their corporate masters at the expense of the citizens. The USA was a catastrophe LONG BEFORE the latest virus came along.

14 Likes

Are there no patriots with direct access to this man? He is in my view now the number one murderer of Americans. If this disease is not contained world wide it will keep rearing it’s ugly head over and over again. How can any Republican in congress still support this Trump fool? Cory Gardner as a Colorado constituent, I hold you responsible as an accessory to all of this death and destruction along with every other single Republican in the Senate who refused to remove the killer back in December.

5 Likes

Trump, using the hallowed Lincoln Memorial and Lincoln’s legacy to try to provide himself a halo of credibility for his political vomit and incompetent presidency disgusts me.

His office is in the White House, at least for a few more painful months. Not where MLK spoke and where so many Americans with dignity and empathy sojourn to pay their respects and reflect on things larger than themselves.

Fortunately, Abe Lincoln will remain permanently unsullied by Trump’s stagecraft of grift and deceit.

The dignified expression on Lincoln’s face just heightened the hypocrisy of Trump’s fake bronzer tan and his fake presidency.

4 Likes

Nancy says it is off the table.

2 Likes

hahahaha. yep. i wish I had a sarcasm font…:))

1 Like

Trump is actively spreading this virus through inaction for personal profit, ideological and political benefit. Trump lies, Americans die.

5 Likes

Excerpt from a 2076 history text book: “In the year 2020, during a global pandemic, the President of the United States of America spent much of his days on a social media network called “Twitter” arguing with people and calling them names.”

4 Likes

He is literally bullshitting people to death.

4 Likes

They should bore a hole in Lincoln’s backside and use it as Trump’s Presidential Tomb.

1 Like

My guess is that Pentagonians told him what to say;

How on God’s good Earth can we cooperate with our enemies? a general might mutter on condition of anonymity because thought is not approved.

2 Likes

Very, very true! And may I also add: Trump is the inevitable outcome of a country that murdered 58,000 American solders in an illegal undeclared war in Vietnam with the war criminals like Henry Kiss of Death Kissinger, still walking around free.

5 Likes

Yep. Time for a BDS movement that matters --against us barring needed regime change and an end to our global military aggression and meddling.

2 Likes

But they won’t be “catastrophic” for Don, so it’s all good. If he loses to Biden (and actually leaves office, which is far from a given), he’ll just go back to flogging his worthless brands, except this time without the helpful assistance of the “presidency.” He can’t lose, in part because our meritocracy won’t let him.

“Results May Be Catastrophic” ? The results every day this malignant POS has been playing at being president have been catastrophic to the extreme! A regime lead by a wannabe dicktator figurehead to serve wealth and power and usury above all else - ruling by executive fiat to so easily “roll-back” all that came before! How is that even possible??- and damn near zero real opposition, but lots of collusion, complicity, and cowardice.

3 Likes

And a packet of toilet paper cost more than a barrel of crude oil. :))

3 Likes

Ah but he has a great 4 step plan:

~https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/03/donald-trump-reopen-us-economy-lethal-robert-reich

The United States is a rogue nation.

5 Likes