Home | About | Donate

Revealed: NSA Labeled Al Jazeera Journalist a Member of Al Qaeda

Revealed: NSA Labeled Al Jazeera Journalist a Member of Al Qaeda

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The U.S. government labeled Al Jazeera journalist Ahmad Muaffaq Zaidan a member of al Qaeda and put him on a watch list of suspected terrorists, new reporting by the Intercept has revealed.

Zaidan, a Syrian national who serves as Al Jazeera's bureau chief in Islamabad, Pakistan, was put on a watch list by the National Security Agency (NSA) in 2012, according to agency documents leaked in 2013 by whistleblower Edward Snowden.

This is not surprising since the US considers that any journalist who dares to tell the truth must be a threat.
Remember when the US bombed the Al Jazerra offices? That was not a mistake - it was a message.
Remember when US forces targeted the hotel in Bagdad where journalists were staying? That also was not an accident. It was callous disregard for life.
US journalists know that if they want access and want to live, they follow the orders of the Pentagon. NPR is not known as National Pentagon Radio without reason.
Besides, both Al Jazeera and Al Qaeda start with "Al", so what is the difference anyway? To a racist mind, all of those Middle-Easterners are the same.

Threat = dark skin, black curly hair, brown eyes, and a hard-to-pronounce last name with a bull's-eye on his/her back.

What a bunch of Federal Kooks! Can't even tell the difference between a reporter and a terrorist!

Since the odds of being killed by terrorists are less than one percent, but the odds of being shot by a Super-Trooper are very high by comparison, I say let's just get rid of this huge Militarized Federal government since it's a massive threat to everyone's liberty and disarm all local cops and give them a billy club only, like the cops in London used successfully for years. Individual states are more than capable of determining who is a threat to society without all this mindless paranoia of a group that CIA started to counter the Soviets in Afghanistan in the 1980's "Al Qaeda", under Operation Cyclone.

In other news:
The governor of Texas is demanding Federal accountability in the huge Military exercise slated to sprawl over seven states later in this year called Operation "Jade Helm 15". A virtual domestic invasion force, which no one can explain the purpose of. The map shows Texas, Utah and California as "hostile territory". Thousands of vehicles will do circles all over the place. Talk about heating up the environment!

wiki says:
On April 28, Texas Governor Greg Abbott ordered the Texas State Guard to monitor the operation, declaring, "During the training operation, it is important that Texans know their safety, constitutional rights, private property right and civil liberties will not be infringed."[7][10]...

On April 29, White House press secretary Josh Earnest addressed the concerns of critics in the regular press briefing, saying, "I have no idea what he’s thinking," regarding Abbott’s letter to the Texas Guard. "In no way will the constitutional rights or civil liberties of any American citizen be infringed upon while this exercise is being conducted."[15][16]

On May 4, actor Chuck Norris voiced skepticism about Jade Helm exercises in his column for conservative web site WorldNetDaily.[17][18] He supported Governor "Abbot" [sic] in his letter to the Texas State Guard, and implied a link to Islamic terrorism, saying, "Whatever Jade Helm 15 actually is, I think it is more than coincidental that the FBI director just confessed in February that the presence of ISIS can be felt in all 50 states of the U.S. and that the Pentagon is suddenly running its biggest military training exercise with every branch of the military across seven Southwestern states."

Comedian Jon Stewart addressed the debate around the exercises in a segment on The Daily Show on May 4 called "Fear and Absent Danger," noting that previous military exercises while Republican Rick Perry was governor did not raise similar concerns.[19][20]

Politicians[edit]
On May 2, 2015, Republican presidential candidate and Texas senator Ted Cruz said he had "reached out to The Pentagon to inquire about this exercise." In comments to Bloomberg News at the South Carolina Republican Party's annual convention, he said, "We are assured it is a military training exercise. I have no reason to doubt those assurances, but I understand the reason for concern and uncertainty, because when the federal government has not demonstrated itself to be trustworthy in this administration, the natural consequence is that many citizens don't trust what it is saying."[21][22]

On May 5, 2015, U.S. Representative Louie Gohmert, Republican from the 1st District of Texas, voiced his concern in a statement, saying his "office has been inundated with calls referring to the Jade Helm 15 military exercise." He noted a political consideration saying, "Once I observed the map depicting ‘hostile,’ ‘permissive,’ and ‘uncertain’ states and locations, I was rather appalled that the hostile areas amazingly have a Republican majority, ‘cling to their guns and religion,’ and believe in the sanctity of the United States Constitution."[22][23][24]

On May 7, 2015, Terry McAuliffe, the Democratic Governor of Virginia, called Abbott's mobilizing of the Texas National Guard in response to the training exercise "one of the dumbest things I have ever heard".[25]

This is a lot like that crazy movie "1942" "Where pandimonium meets paranoia."

Who is more crazy? The MICC or Texas?

I dont get it. I thought Big Al Khyder was now a friend of the USA in Yemen and Syria so what's this all about?

No different than the bogus, manufactured, Jewish threat in the Third Reich. The Fourth Reich has the bogus, Muslim threat manufactured by the 1%. 99% of Americans have nothing to fear from 99% of the Muslims.

Every piece of propaganda the fascist, Amerikan government and the corporate media are using to trick Americans into hating Muslims ( are you reading this Fox News watchers? ) is an exact replay of the propaganda used by Nazi Germany to trick their people into hating the Jews.