Home | About | Donate

Revealed: Under Obama, NSA Continued to Spy on Foreign Allies

Revealed: Under Obama, NSA Continued to Spy on Foreign Allies

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

Despite promises to stop spying on U.S. allies, new reporting on Tuesday revealed that the National Security Agency (NSA) under President Barack Obama continued to surveil friendly heads of state, including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Despite promises to stop spying on U.S. allies, new reporting on Tuesday revealed that the National Security Agency (NSA) under President Barack Obama continued to surveil friendly heads of state, including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

For one, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is no "friendly" head of state. He's the head of state of a nation with which the US is an ally (alas), but he himself is hardly "friendly".

What's more, the investigation revealed how Israel's military intelligence Unit 8200 was also spying on the United States and had shared details of the U.S.-Iran negotiations with Israeli officials.

So "our" spying revealed their spying. "Friendly" aren't they?

If my secret decoder/microphone ring allowed me to hear the rats and cockroaches in another tenant's kitchen, so I could prepare to defend my own digs; well, it might be unsavory but it is tons healthier in the short and long run. And now, if I could just find an honest pest control company that was int'l in scope. Oh, yeah, ACME Pest Control run by Wile E. Coyote & Ass. based in Truth or Consequences, N. Mexico. Of course, that's the perfect ticket!!!

What he didn't tell you (probably because he still doesn't know) is that the NSA is spying on him too. The shadow government that really runs the joint knows that Barry is still into joints. They have a little something on everyone, including Congress and the MSM. It's the same tactic that J Edgar used... blackmail, pure and simple. It makes the process of pushing through their agenda SO much easier.

Is Israel really a "foreign ally"? Given that we underwrite their existence much less their military, we own that entity, and given the many Israelis have dual citizenship with the US, They are hardly "foreign" much less even legitimately another country. They are more a dependent satellite state of the US. We have every right to any and all information they collect or produce and shouldn't need to spy in them to get it. That said, we know they spy in us as well. We also have the right to direct their foreign and internal policies -- the ones we pay for. That we do not require certain standards of behavior for that support is a travesty far worse than spying.

One can and should criticize continued spying on Germany, France and other allies but Israel is another issue loaded with hypocrisy.

Sorry, the tail isn't wagging the dog.

McCauley sez: "The spying continued despite the U.S. president's pledge to curb the program ..."

— Really? Wow, I totally never saw that coming.

The world is being reassured of what we have all known for a long time. Our president is a pathological lyre.

Are you saying our president can ignore pledges, and break promises to people who some of us don't like.