Home | About | Donate

Revelation of Secret Iraq Base Belies Claim of 'No Boots on the Ground'

Revelation of Secret Iraq Base Belies Claim of 'No Boots on the Ground'

Nika Knight, staff writer

A 27-year-old U.S. marine was killed this weekend by an ISIS rocket attack on a base that the American public didn't know existed.

The death forced the Pentagon to reveal on Sunday—the 13th anniversary of the start of the Iraq War—that it was in the process of setting up a base for marines in Northern Iraq. The Pentagon had supposedly "planned to acknowledge" this escalation of U.S. forces in Iraq later this week, an unnamed defense official told CNN.

There are no "boots" on the ground, because the soldiers are all wearing "sneakers". Ha!

Wait, so US officials have been lying to the people about matters of life and death and war?

Surely this revelation will provoke a crisis of confidence in the political system!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It was twisted when it was first sung, and remains equally applicably twisted today

Boots

You keep saying you got something for me
Something you call love but confess
You've been a'messin' where you shouldn't 've been a'messin'
And now someone else is getting all your best
These boots are made for walking,
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over youYou keep lyin' when you oughta be truthin'
You keep losing when you oughta not bet
You keep samin' when you oughta be a'changin'
Now what's right is right but you ain't been right yetThese boots are made for walking,
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over youYou keep playing where you shouldn't be playing
And you keep thinking that you'll never get burnt (HAH)
I just found me a brand new box of matches (YEAH)
And what he knows you ain't had time to learn
These boots are made for walking,
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over youAre you ready, boots? Start walkin'

" On an American base the public did not know existed."

Just asking: One has to wonder how many other bases the US military dictatorship has that the public will never know about!

Our social disease of addiction to war and killing others have to be dealt with swiftly. I am glad Russia has stood in the way of US and Israeli plan of regime change in Syria. The US gang of rapists and beheading freaks have turned Syria like Iraq once an advanced nation into a pile of rubble with millions made homeless and dead.

"Crisis of confidence" is the 21st century version of what was called the CREDIBILITY GAP during the Viet Nam occupation. Everything old is new again in Murka !

"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." ~ Winston Churchill

In a state of "constant warfare" we should always expect to be lied to. Some people naturally find this reprehensible. The military would call it tactical deception.

As usual, the enemy is fully aware of our presence and tactics and whatever else they need to know. Just make sure this is hidden from the (supposedly) voting public back home.

This is not a used car where "we" would at least get to kick the tires, this is our lives and treasure and health and schools and on and on which is being chewed up and thrown away on "things-that-go-boom" times. ISIS gets to know more about us. I'd call that something beyond an insult.

All this based on biggest lie Arabs with box cutters capable hijacking four separate planes from four separate pilots and their crews and as well all their passengers excuse me are you all brain dead wake the heck up this story peddled by six mega war profiteering conglomerates that control all formats of media we have no real media not even free speech dares talk truth to power.Land of the brave excuse me sheeple you all waqnted so bad to believe a lie as we are and have been the evil empire and they are plundering your own wealth charging all war expenses to your tax payers while all profits accrue to elites one tenth of one percenters.Economy works best limit no ever billionaires as rthey are a clear and present danger to the entire globe.B y the way check out what media claims just two planes inflicted on the world trade center which if same day you watched PBS Larry the lease holder stated he met with a fire official and together they decided tom pull a term in controlled demolision building seven.War profiteers control all media all MIC and especially thanks Edward Snowden my personal hero we know they are spying on everyone a waste of wealth but plenty high paying jobs for elites off springs.