Home | About | Donate

'Revolting': Betsy DeVos Unveils Proposal to Make It Harder for Students Defrauded by Predatory Schools to Get Loan Relief

'Revolting': Betsy DeVos Unveils Proposal to Make It Harder for Students Defrauded by Predatory Schools to Get Loan Relief

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

In a development critics deemed a sign of the administration once again serving corporate interests, Trump's Education Department, headed by billionaire Betsy Devos, on Wednesday rolled out a proposal that would make it harder for students defrauded by for-profit colleges to be given debt relief.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren's (D-Mass.) response to the proposed changes to unimplemented Obama-era rules was unambiguous: "Revolting," she tweeted.

Someone simply must tell Betsy that the only person she needs to make things hard on, is her husband.

That would be a stretch…

If Devious had her way she would make students get loans from payday lenders.

That would give Amway incentive to start a payday lending subsidiary.

It was about two decades back in the USA that laws pertaining to Credit Card debt was changed to make it more difficult to avoid that debt via bankruptcy for the consumer. Since that time virtually all growth in the US economy is being fueled by debt witth US Citizens borrowing money to make up for a lack of income. It my feeling that in addition to protecting the investor class and their get rich schemes via predatory schools , the Administration wants to ensure the Debt load remains on the consumer so as to extract as much as is possible from the same in order to drive up Coporate profits and to force obedience to the system.

I remember being in the backrooms of a large department store chain and seeing a notice on an employee bulletin board. The notice read words to the effect of “Contrary to what is believed we only earn 20 percent of our profits from our sales. 80 percent of all profits come from the INTEREST charged on our Company Credit cards. Every employee MUST ensure that they suggest a customer buy and use our Company Card”.

Debt slavery is very real. People under high debt loads are much easier to control .

I think this should be shouted out loud. Maybe all caps or somethin’.

Also explains the debacle in Helsinki.

Not rising to the bait. But De Vos is so self-satisfied anyway. Look at the smirk.

Know thy enemy – narcissism: “If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Where is the Karma god when you need her? Oh wait… somewhere a hacker has Betsy’s ss number-------- and oh the cards that will grow from that. She’ll be so busy in court that she won’t have time to ruin student’s lives. See , it’s pure science ;it’s Newton’s law… a devious and evil body , remains at least until acted upon by an outside force. It makes perfect sense. : )

It should read “AT REST” Dear stardust self… yeah that should be AT REST… sorry. its really hot here and I have no air conditioning… so my brain is melting---------- apologies to Newton

Curious to know Betsy DeVos’s position on Trump U., or other Trump like U’s. Screw the students to satisfy her masters. My guess her masters hang out in Switzerland.

Revolting and seriously ugly in so many ways. And there’s little chance any AMWAY products can help her.

The enemies who take the form of Trump’s democracy-destroying political appointees such as De Vos are guilty first and foremost of abuse of power, specifically of:

promoting at every opportunity the elite rather than the general welfare;

hindering national values that further life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for citizens of all backgrounds;

blocking the freedoms applicable to all U.S. inhabitants as elucidated in the Bill of Rights;

stealthily curtailing the people’s right to self-government;

aiding and abetting conditions of indentured servitude via debt entrapment;

privatizing civic rights to such public goods as free and universal education and property held in common such as public lands;

. . . .

Lock her up!

Yup , doesn’t she look pleased with herself?

Well good Christian that she is … she’s just doing what Jesus would do and I’m quite certain that she got God’s approval before hand.

This article refers to 1.5 billion in student debt. The actual number is 1.5 TRILLION.

Betsy DeVos just barely qualifies as a human being.