Home | About | Donate

Rick Santorum Slammed for Suggesting Students Learn CPR Instead of Demanding Politicians Pass Reforms

Rick Santorum Slammed for Suggesting Students Learn CPR Instead of Demanding Politicians Pass Reforms

Julia Conley, staff writer

A day after hundeds of thousands of gun control advocates assembled across the U.S. and on every continent except Antarctica, former Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum demonstrated the refusal of many in Washington to confront gun violence with common-sense legislation, by dismissing reforms proposed by students and suggesting they learn CPR in case their schools are attacked.

RE “Our” Government:  All of the adults have left the building.

These kids DID do something!!! They took immediate action and turned to their adult leaders to do something too–change the laws! That’s what you do when you do something! What an idiot Santorum is.

Why is anybody still listening to this guy?

His toxicity killed his political career.

I thought that a PA school district’s plan to provide each classroom with buckets of “river rock” — said by the district to be ideal for the job — so that in the event someone stepped into the classroom enfilading the room with a Colt AR-15 the students could repulse the shooter by coming out of their hiding places, standing up, and hurling rocks at the shooter, was sick beyond words.

Mr. Santorum’s cruel arrogance has snatched the prize from the school officials.

Madness rules.
Insanity has become success.
Ignorance and aggression has become intelligence and leadership.
$$$$ minds, a dime a dozen, come and go, believing Jesus will welcome them to heaven with their machine guns and suitcases of cash.
The whole world is crying and laughing at American politics.

We are required to take Republican politicians seriously…why?

Politicians must really hate to be called public servants. They will spend a good part of their lives sucking from the government and lobbyists, but when asked to do their job to protect or help their constituents, they don’t shy away from lecturing the public on self reliance. This arrogant piece of excrement should have been placed in the passengers seat in Elon Musk’s space car.

One legislator, I don’t remember where, told the students in Florida to shut up. “Adults make the laws in this country,” she said.

Well, sure, adults like this one, and the guy who said “Put rocks in the room to throw at the guy with the semi-automatic weapon,” and another who said all it would take is putting up signs in the classrooms saying we trust in God, because God’s record at preventing shootings is so stellar. Yet another said that we need more “training” in the AR-15.

Adults like those in the NRA, whose only solution to any shooting is to put more guns out there, more easily available to more people, are the reason these kids have decided to take matters into their own hands.

Politicians like the aforementioned are not going to listen to the kids because they don’t vote and they don’t contribute to campaigns, but the day will come. We can only hope the students are serious and will actually vote these people out when the time comes. Unfortunately, young people have a pretty dismal record at the polls.

Seriously. I thought we had long ago lost the rock from under which he crawls.

A message for Santorum: Even a fool is considered wise if he kept his mouth shut.

The extreme of “personal responsibility” mantra. Never mind that they are kids and yet they are leading the nation in what it actually means to be responsible to the society at large. It is heartening that so much of the world supports them and this will be the face of a new people and a new nation.

Or Damnocrat politicians! Why do you ignore the obvious?
BOTH “teams” are self-absorbed GARBAGE!!!

When is the Trump admin going to hire this sick fuck? Way too much evil talent being wasted.

How can anyone vote for Republicans? The only reason I see is that the Democrats suck so much that people stay home on election day or vote third party because they can’t bear to put an X next to the likes of Hillary/Kaine. Obama, our great savior turned Republican Lite real soon after he was sworn in and got the Nobel Peace Prize.

As long as Big Money decides the elections, I don’t see how the Democrats can win despite Republican troglodytes’ craziness. I find that liberals and progressives are so turned off by the system, so pissed off at conservative’s manipulations of our elections and sold out politicians that we reach the point of not caring, regardless of consequences. Democrat politicians don’t seem to care whether they win or lose either as long as their corporate bribes roll in.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. But short of nuclear war, when will they reach that point?

I agree, but would add: Santorum is a corrupt, idiot!

love it

This wasted excrement feeder espouses the brilliance of the segment of society that glorifies clearly vapid pronouncements as enlightenment. This segment is probably the fastest growing one on the planet, as I cannot see how the ability to synthesize information still prevalent among those who are addicted to their media feeds.

Queue Trump.
And the next upcoming disaster.

These kids have surprised the planet. They are where we should be headed. Flushing Santorum would be an affront to Sewage plants.

Seriously, rocks versus M-16s. They could’ve asked the Palestinians how that matchup typically turns out.

Some of these people getting airtime are giving stupid a bad name.

Yikes I missed that one in PA. We are over run by madmen