Home | About | Donate

Rights Advocates Decry 'Unconscionable' State Dept Decision to Cut Women's Rights From Annual Report

Rights Advocates Decry 'Unconscionable' State Dept Decision to Cut Women's Rights From Annual Report

Julia Conley, staff writer

Human rights groups on Thursday denounced the State Department's plans to re-frame its upcoming global human rights report, paring down its focus on women's reproductive rights and discrimination—saying the decision is clear evidence that the rights of marginalized groups are insignificant to the Trump administration.

So from this report I am to understand that if you aren’t a white male, you have no rights. Is this correct? Just the other day Tillerson said he wasn’t gutting the State Dept… Right. Okay. Gotta ya. Hey Tillerson, white males are in a minority, watch yourself there good buddy.

Tillerson: “I can’t hear you, I’ve got money in my ears.”

The trump regime of racism, bigotry, sexism, environmental destruction, endless war, and servitude to “religious” extremism/fanaticism, corporate, banker, wall street greed and the obscenity of great wealth, rolls ever on…a blight on all the earth and humanity!

trump and his co-conspirators should be forced to repay the nation for all the destruction and waste of resources they have caused and all the harms they have done to ordinary people and Mother Earth!

The lowest form of life with zero redeeming qualities…

Sold to the persons owner of energy. Mass movement aside, Energy may be light or be heavy
Maybe warmth, heat, cold, darkness, see tween the lines, all the same substances locally totally
Elsewhere we are not yet, and only the flimsiest anyway go all the way, the entire route, all sky
Bold prediction: Discovered: preference for full life. So all in, All is before us all; Suddenly? Before

“Reproductive rights are human rights," said Tarah Demant, Amnesty International USA’s director of gender, sexuality, and identity, in a statement. “This development is a transparent attempt by the Trump administration to not only de-prioritize reproductive rights, but effectively erase them from the broader conversation on human rights. We must not let this attack on basic rights go unchallenged.”

Why don’t you say what you really mean – the right to kill unwanted children.

Outside of that, for what “freedom of reproductive rights” are you protesting?

So glad ivankas in there to help women!

The regime’s stance regarding the value of human life in general, and the lives of women and minorities in particular, is unconscionable.

Their decision to tell it like it is is arguably helpful to those of us who prefer a different stance.

No more pretense could mean clearer perception—and more effective response—on the part of those who have, until now, been able to lie to themselves about the predatory nature of this Empire.

Actually, the section of these reports having to do with reproductive rights hardly mention that issue at all. That’s the section where they discuss things like

1. ability to secure contraception without coercion or violence
  2. access to pre-natal care
  3. access to doctors/midwives or other skilled care at birth and maternal mortality
  4. government dictation of # of children through coercion and violence (e.g. loss of jobs, jailing, forced abortions and sterilizations are mentioned in the China report)
  5. the influence of war on mothers/infants at time of birth
  6. the affect of HIV/AIDS or other sexually transmitted deadly diseases
  7. treatment of pregnant female prisoners
  8. treatment of women having babies outside of marriage

Aside from governments forcing abortions there are a couple of countries where the reproductive rights section would mention particularly high rates of women being jailed for terminating a pregnancy.

Jeff Sessions needs to remember that there are more of us than of him. And we are not the submissive little mice in corsets and aprons that he wishes we still were. And that we VOTE! Everything he and his boss’s ruinous administration do to push us back to the 19th century only makes us stronger, more angry, and more determined to take him and his fellow male chauvinists down a few pegs, to the status they deserve.

Actually, the section of these reports having to do with reproductive rights hardly mention that issue at all. That’s the section where they discuss things like

ability to secure contraception without coercion or violence

Coercion or violence? I never heard of such a thing. Could you explain what you have heard in this regard? Is this something that is common in countries other than the USA.

access to pre-natal care

I assume you are speaking of those women who are predominantly poor. I am in agreement that healthcare should not be the sole prize possession of the rich

access to doctors/midwives or other skilled care at birth and maternal mortality

Again, I assume you are speaking in regards to the poor.

government dictation of # of children through coercion and violence (e.g. loss of jobs, jailing, forced abortions and sterilizations are mentioned in the China report)

the influence of war on mothers/infants at time of birth

This is probably one of the biggest post-partum issues which birth mothers face thanks to the Empire we live in and our obscene delight in bombing anything that moves and has brown skin.

the affect of HIV/AIDS or other sexually transmitted deadly diseases
treatment of pregnant female prisoners
treatment of women having babies outside of marriage

Aside from governments forcing abortions there are a couple of countries where the reproductive rights section would mention particularly high rates of women being jailed for terminating a pregnancy.

These are all human rights issues for mothers with which I agree.

The way that these reports are displayed on the State Department website (a separate pdf for each country) make searching very cumbersome so it is difficult to say how common various practices are. Access to contraception for single women is illegal and punishable by imprisonment in many countries so that type of thing isn’t too tough to find. Iran has a law that punishes anyone who performs a vasectomy or tubectomy even for married people. Also, many countries require permission from the husband to be obtained before a women can get contraception creating the conditions for domestic violence.