Home | About | Donate

'Run Bernie Run!': New Campaign by Progressive Democrats Says 'Courage and Vision' of Sanders Best Choice for 2020

'Run Bernie Run!': New Campaign by Progressive Democrats Says 'Courage and Vision' of Sanders Best Choice for 2020

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Progressive Democrats of America (PDA) was the first national organization to encourage Vermont's independent Sen.

3 Likes

Saw him last night on a C span broadcast live (11/27) giving a speech and Q & A at GW university. The “old guy” still got it!!

Bernie/Beto 2020

4 Likes

Folks, you were fooled in 2016…don’t be fooled again in 2020 with false hopes! Unless Bernie abdicates his affiliation with the corrupt dems. you know the outcome! If the election in 2016 taught me anything it is that Bernie was not selected for POTUS then and even if elected by some miracle, in my view, will not be allowed by the corrupt DNC, to become POTUS in 2020.

Fool me once shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me!

8 Likes

Bullshit! If fucking Trump can get elected… I Believed after the election in 2016 he WOULD have beaten Trump and I believe he can (and probably any “decent Dem” could) in 2020.

9 Likes

If you remember he RAN as an independent. Should he have run as a Green? Ya think he woulda won that way? To run for Prez you need a fucking ton of money (he didn’t take corporate $$) and a working, functional campaign infrastructure.

2 Likes

I guess you forgot 2016 when there was no fucking way Trump was gonna win.

2 Likes

Good idea. Let’s complete the task. Put an Israeli citizen in the Whitehouse.

Your comment is false propaganda garbage and BS! Sanders does NOT hold dual; citizenship with Israel!

If you had any intention of accurate commentary you could have checked the facts…look it up fool!

Not to mention the reality that many “Christians” are more lap-dogs to Israel than many Jews, and the Idiot of Orange has arguably - and actually -done more harm to American integrity kissing Israel’s - netanyahu’s ass than any other US prez!

8 Likes

Some hate Bernie because he’s not a woman. Some hate him because he gave in to Clinton’s dirty tricks. Some don’t like that he’s old and he’s Jewish. Some hate that he occasionally votes for more military spending. For crying out loud, he works his tail off trying to get young people involved in politics and he is the strongest supporter of a progressive agenda to get us out of the mess we’re in. If you can’t see that, you’re blind as a bat.

12 Likes

From the article:

“Bernie Sanders is prepared to lead the United States. PDA does not want a Medicare for All gradualist…”

So PDA would have us believe that S1804 is equal to or better than HR676??? There’s something cold and wet running down my leg, and I’m pretty sure it ain’t rain.

3 Likes

‘decent democrat’ has severely limited the possibilities…

3 Likes

Bernie ran for president as a Democrat. Presumably, he will this time too. He can criticize the d-party all he wants, but in the end, his unimaginative strategy is to drag the party leftward and sheepdog his followers into the d-party big tent where they can be ignored. He means well, and arguably has moved the d-party leftward more than any other politician. The problem is, that ain’t saying much.

And I would suggest that he embrace HR676 instead of the half measure he is currently sponsoring in the Senate.

2 Likes

Those who are too gutless to support Independent candidates fulfill their own prophesies.

Apparently, the corporo-cratic status quo is fine and dandy with the willfully ignorant. I sincerely hope they enjoy it in the d-party big tent. It’s probably fun to punch hippies in there.

2 Likes

World Beyond War is circulating this open letter to Bernie Sanders that anyone can add their name to. I did. It urges him to run against militarism. Original signers include Noam Chomsky and Medea Benjamin among over 100 U.S. scholars, intellectuals, and activists.

4 Likes

Everything Sanders does seems to suggest he is planning on running. However, he will likely have a lot of company on the stage in the debates before the Iowa primary. I think Biden wants Sanders to run because Biden would then not be the oldest candidate. Sanders could win if no other candidate can really create a strong voter base. Biden seems to connect will with working people with his history of growing up in Scranton so he could be a major challenge for Sanders. But there are so many potential candidates this time around anything could happen.

ooooooh ok, sorry you got your panties all twisted up.

1 Like

One potential problem for a Bernie run would be petty “payback” from Clinton 2016 voters in the form of abstention.

I don’t think so. Very few of them would want trump to win.

2 Likes

What in the hell is wrong with you people ? What part of the DNC rule change don’t you get ?
NO progressive candidate will be allowed to emerge as the democratic nominee, it’s that simple. Thinking otherwise is a pipedream and will result with the same candidates we had in 2016, and 4 more years of Trump. I like Bernie’s policies, but the fact is if he runs under the Dem banner, he will be the parties sheepdog once again and he knows it.
It’s Groundhog day all over again.

4 Likes

Yup, you all fucked up royally with your temper tantrum in 2016
I will never vote for the other guy who inspired so much hate towards Hillary…