Home | About | Donate

Russia Fears US Ready to Use Nuclear Weapons as 'Viable Political Option'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/06/russia-fears-us-ready-use-nuclear-weapons-viable-political-option

3 Likes

From the article:

" United Nations General Secretary AntĂłnio Guterres (made) a statement to call on treaty signatories to recommit to world peace."

After which US “defense” stocks immediately took a 15% plunge. Sr. Guterres may need to take some MBA-track refresher courses and get his mind right.
/s

5 Likes

“Unlike Russia, the U.S. never made a formal commitment not to be the first to use nuclear weapons in a conflict.”

With the insane man in the Oval Office; especially, if Trump gets four more years…is nuclear war inevitable?

6 Likes

We can thank Obomber for that. Russia has issued it’s warning, it can’t be too difficult for both Russia and China to do the same with their nuclear arsenals although cheaply.

5 Likes

This is what 50 years of voters unquestioned loyally to the two corporate war parties has brought us.

Are you proud?

I’m not.

8 Likes

Its likely he uses them to win the election. With the Dems pushing a Red Scare he might then get Pelosi’s Vote .

4 Likes

Remember this is the idiot who shortly after taking office, that asked his generals," we have nuclear weapons, why can’t we use them."
I’m curious if this is even mentioned in the MSM. Won’t hold my breath. .

4 Likes

It would not surprise me.

1 Like

The term " Low Level Nuclear Weapon " is extremely deceptive. The reality is that it is as destructive as the bomb dropped on Hiroshima back in 1945. If Russia detects the launch of one of our missiles at them, they have no way of knowing it is a Low Level Nuclear warhead and could possibly react with one of their standard nuclear missiles. This would lead to a nuclear nightmare for all of us. It should be mandatory that every President watch video of the destructive power that was used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. To listen to the stories of those that survived the blast. Perhaps it might convince them that these are weapons of genocide and one would have to be insane to use them.

10 Likes

Also in my view, Amerika became a full fledged, fascist regime with the political, assassinations of JFK,MLK, and RFK because these criminals behind the assassinations and their hit men, were never held accountable.

12 Likes

“Clinton may have scored a debating point here, but her foreign policy record demonstrates that - even if for different reasons - her views on nuclear weapons are at least as reckless as Trump’s.”

ttps://nationalinterest.org/feature/hillary-clinton-nuclear-weapons-more-dangerous-trump-18241

5 Likes

Very, very true! What that narrative tells me is they are planning to use them. Kind of like the term: SURGICAL STRIKES!

6 Likes

So much for that “beautiful friendship” between Trump and Putin.

3 Likes

Trump had actually hinted at that not that long ago.

1 Like

don’t be too surprised if there is an increase in UFO sightings.Thank God we have ET’s who care enough about life on this planet to intervene and prevent our leadership primates from managing to launch their missiles. They’ve done it before.

Need I remind you that our current “leader” is indeed quite insane? He wouldn’t mind being the last human being alive since he would then know beyond any shadow of doubt that he is the best looking, richest, most intelligent person in the world.

3 Likes

How do you think we would respond to an ICBM launch from Russia against the US? Of course the reeiving party has to assume it’s nuclear. Just like if someone points a gun at you, it COULD be a pellet gun, but are you willing to risk it? It is doubtful we would EVER launch anything short of a massive attack against a nuclear armed adversary because of the risk of massive retaliation, instead these smaller weapons are probably intended for use against someone like Iran or N. Korea with deep underground facilities.

What I find amazing is we have the audacity to lecture the world on who can’t be allowed to acquire a nuclear weapon when we are the only nation on earth to use one on a populated city.

4 Likes

The occasion just has not arisen. WWIII has only been prevented by the MAD doctrine (Mutually Assured Destruction). Surely you don’t suggest that more countries having nuclear weapons is a good idea?

1 Like

We do tend to be rather hypocritical on most issues of importance such as human rights, nuclear weapons, democracy, election interference, genocide, etc.

4 Likes