Home | About | Donate

Ryan Scrambling to Amass Support for Widely Disparaged Healthcare Plan

Ryan Scrambling to Amass Support for Widely Disparaged Healthcare Plan

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan (Wis.) swears the widely disparaged American Healthcare Act (AHCA) will pass the U.S.

Just another example of how out of touch these people are.

Recall tea party demonstrators holding signs "keep your hands off my Medicare" ?

With Ryan's $346 billion raid on Medicare funds a key component of this Trumpcare Manifesto why aren't tea party demonstrators dusting off those signs and jamming DC to shine the light on this travesty ?

They have gone from " Die quickly" to " Just fucking die already".

That's obviously a rhetorical question - right?

Astroturf is as Astroturf does. My favorite line of the last few weeks though, from sTrumpet himself: "Who knew that healthcare is so complicated?" Analyzing everything that is wrong with that statement would take several lengthy paragraphs.

Yesterday the largest hospital organization came out against this crap. Today the doctors did the same (AMA). The republicans will have to try a different version of crap.

Call your Congressmen and Senators and say you want a Healthcare Bill which is nothing 'less' than that which they receive.

Anything less will not be accepted and will result in you working diligently to have them unseated from Congress. Forever.

Tell Congress to break up the too big to fail banks. The tens of trillions of taxpayers' dollars saved by not having to bail those banks out next time they crash the economy will more than pay for a decade of Medicare for all Murkins.

Dems could have been outraged at the prospect of a Republican win before they put up Hillary instead of Bernie. Who trusts the DNC and DLC sellouts? They're still in power, collecting their legal bribes, planning on staying and fooling us again.

Online Direct Democratic Party of Tor

They can only fool you if you allow yourself to be fooled.

And as we just saw in November, the Democrats are fooling a lot less people.

Specifically, please ask your Members of Congress to demand deletion of Title I section 103, which is obviously and carefully crafted to break Planned Parenthood. From the PDF posted at readthebill.gop and offered to the people this morning by misrepresentative Ryan, pp. 2-4, Energy and Commerce markup:

Title I Sec 103 (a)
“for the 1-year period beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act, no Federal funds provided from a program referred to in this subsection that is considered direct spending for any year may be made available to a State for payments to a prohibited entity….”

“(b) Definitions.—In this section:
“(1) PROHIBITED ENTITY.—The term ‘prohibited entity’ means an entity, including its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, and clinics—
“(A) that, as of the date of enactment of this Act—
“(i) is an organization described in section 501(c)(3) …;
“(ii) is an essential community provider described in section 156.235 of title 45, Code of Federal Regulations …, that is primarily engaged in family planning services, reproductive health, and related medical care; and
“(iii) provides for abortions, other than an abortion—
“(I) if the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest; or
“(II) in the the case where a woman … as certified by a physician, place the woman in danger of death unless an abortion is performed…; and
“(B) for which the total amount of Federal and State expenditures under the Medicaid program … in fiscal year 2014 made directly to the entity and to any affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, or clinics of the entity, or made to the entity and to any affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, or clinics of the entity as part of a nationwide health care provider network, exceeded $350,000,000.”

So of course the racket is, corporate Democrats will "reluctantly" embrace Ryan's proposal ostensibly because the alternative Republican proposal would be so much worse.

My point isn't to deny the jerks aren't insisting on a worse proposal, but that the corporate servicing power center of the Democratic Party sees this as an opportunity to serve their constituency.

We've seen this time and time again.

Will Sanders be sent to the sidelines once again? Yes.

Will he huff and puff on the sidelines? Yes.

Will he ever once directly call out the corporate servicing Democrats for that servitude? Of course not.

I predict that one of the things corporate servicing Democrats will insist on is keeping the individual mandate.

Imagine that hell. Big Insurance and big Pharma even further unleashed but holding YOU secure on the end of their leash called the individual mandate.

That would correctly be characterized as corporate governance, and in fact the epitome of it. Imagine the stress of a chronic illness limiting your ability to make a living that you need to serve the ever increasing amount you have to pay into corporate profits dependent on your increasing agony, and your participation fully mandated by law.

The only individual mandate that would be just, would be in the context of a Universal Single Payer system, where that mandatory contribution would be small fraction of cost compared with paying into a cruel corporate profit dominated system.

Just a much worse one than we already have. And one with zero help for those who can't afford their rent or food.

You know, the ones that the Republican jerk characterized as having purchased new iPhones.

That's a good one. Too bad they are in Wall Street's pockets now more than ever.

I agree only Perez is chair instead of Ellison which means more of the same . Contact the DNC and say you do not approve of their neoliberal con jobs.

They are probably too busy watching faux news and celebrating the Trump "victory."

They are just pandering to their right wing theocrat base who like to tell people how "responsible" they are.

Under the ACA, members of Congress get their medical insurance coverage from the ACA via the DC insurance exchange. They no longer are under the FEHB system (which is pretty expensive for the decent plans too). So, what you are proposing is for us to promote continuing the ACA as-is - but do away with all employer-provided insurance (which is usually much better especially union workplaces). I suspect that this is not what you intended to say - i.e. demand single payer for everyone.

Do you actually know anything about Tom Perez? He is not Keith Ellison, but he certainly is an improvement over the past leadership - especially Wasserman-Shultz.

Yeah I heard about Wasserman Schultz . I do not know much about her except that she hawked HRC and dissed Bernie.

Heritage Action, the Club for Growth, Freedomworks, Americans for Prosperity, and Freedom Partners. Whenever I see freedom or prosperity in the title, the caution light goes off. I would think The Heritage Foundation should have been listed, they have been trying to stop ACA since 2010. These dens of degenerates have a major conservative influence on policy. They do their dirty work in the shadows. They are the real "Axis of Evil."