Home | About | Donate

Sabotaging Democracy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/14/sabotaging-democracy

2 Likes

“Another insidious tactic is to eliminate people whose voter registration cards do not exactly match the spelling, address, etc. on other state records. Under these “no match, no vote” laws, a missing comma, middle initial or hyphen can cancel your voting rights. In 2018, less than a month before the midterm election, Georgia’s GOP secretary of state, Brian Kemp, used this exact-match pretense to place a hold on 53,000 voters, 80% of whom were in minority groups.”

In a state with the infamous Stone Mountain Monument I wonder just how many data entry “errors” are made on purpose into state databases. Fetch me my fainting couch, please.

2 Likes

Democracy died decades ago with the Democratic refusal to prosecute the criminals and traitors in the Republican party-refusal to fight for the vote-refusal address the needs of our people while they pocketed corporate cash and then pandered to the right wing religiously

time for a People’s Party(.org)