Well, when the Capitol was being decided on, there were two choices of land. One was good dairy land, the other was a swamp. Probably because it was cheaper, the swamp was decided upon and the Capitol city was built.
* Now we are faced with the reality of the choice.
* In a dairy, the cream rises to the top.
* In a swamp, the scum rises, and so it has come to pass.
* So now, what do We the People do to correct this? Perhaps the first thing to do is to get and read copies of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Contrast and compare those documents with what we have now, then correct it.
* This used to be a nation where people of good will and hard work could live comfortably, where medicine, decent food, good water were in reach of almost every one.
* The idea of taxes are that a certain portion of everyone's income shall be held by the government, to ensure that the government can care for those taxed; health, education, welfare, laws to protect the people from exploitation by business and government.
* Now, the idea of taxes is that there is a huge pot of money which the government now owns and can use in any manner it wishes to. Caring for the People, the tax payers, is way down on the list, after graft, corruption, pandering to those of vast wealth who feel that they should be tax free, and endlessly building the Wehrmacht and funding endless, spreading wars.
* Time for a change, perhaps?