Home | About | Donate

Sanders and Clinton After Michigan: A Look at the Map

Sanders and Clinton After Michigan: A Look at the Map.

Tom Gallagher

Much as we might wish that the anachronistic Electoral College would just go away, it won’t. At least not in time for this November’s presidential election, anyhow. Which means we need to take a hard look at the electoral map and consider the implications of the fact that the main electoral strength Hillary Clinton has demonstrated thus far lies in states that, unfortunately, are almost certain to go Republican this fall.

If Trump is the Republican nominee it is going to be very difficult to predict the general election. He embraces both conservative and liberal policies and seems to running as sort of a neofascist. He also has the highest unfavorable ratings ever recorded for a presidential nominee. He could cause the Republicans to lose the Senate and even the House or he could wind up sweeping states the Republicans haven't won for years. I expect the Democrats to largely unite when it is known who the Republican candidate is. The four remaining candidates are all awful so I would expect Democrats to come out in droves to vote in order to avoid having to live through four long years of Trump, Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich.or whomever they might come with at a brokered convention.

I can tell you that I, and many, many other Sanders supporters are "Bernie only". We are participating in this primary process only because Bernie is on the ballot and will NEVER vote for Hillary in a general election. We will either go back to voting third party or leave the Presidency blank on our ballots. Lying a$$ Hillary has managed to royally PO us with her Yooge whoppers about Bernie and his record. We absolutely HATE her and wish her and her minions nothing but ill.

"Much as we might wish that the anachronistic Electoral College would just go away, it won’t. At least not in time for this November’s presidential election, anyhow. Which means we need to take a hard look at the electoral map and consider the implications of the fact that the main electoral strength Hillary Clinton has demonstrated thus far lies in states that, unfortunately, are almost certain to go Republican this fall."

Now, gee, why is that?

I don't see anything different about this election except that the faux populist on the right is going to probably win the GOP nomination and the party hack and Corporatist on the (D) side is going to win the nomination there. She better hope all the people she's counting on to win this for her show up at the polls since the GOP has had the last 7 yrs. to rig things with all kinds of new laws that might hamstring the very groups she's counting on to get her elected and they've done it especially in the purple swing States by design.

or write Bernie in. :slight_smile:

Writing Bernie in will not work. He has to be on the ticket exclusive of HRC. The reason is there no way of telling how many people wrote bernie in and there no real way to check of thsoe votes were not tabulated by those machines for HRC.