Home | About | Donate

Sanders and Ellison introduce bill to end over $135 billion in fossil fuel handouts

Sanders and Ellison introduce bill to end over $135 billion in fossil fuel handouts

WASHINGTON - In honor of Earth Day, Senator Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) and Representative Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) reintroduced the End Polluter Welfare Act to stop taxpayer-funded giveaways to oil, gas and coal companies. Targeting a range of subsidies for repeal -- including tax breaks, loan guarantees, and government-sponsored R&D -- the bill would save taxpayers over $135 billion over ten years.

###

I love it when a Pair beats a Full House! Sure is nice to see who are the honest ones and who the S*@t sucking scumbags are readily recognizable. The Democraps and Rethuglikllanns are just 2 faces on the same coin. It is well past time we replaced ballots with bullets and cleaned up all the crap in gov't. Revolution is the real way to get things done Let's quit farting around and make things good again. I have kids, grandkids and great grandkids. I sure would like to leave them with a better world than what it is today. I guess that the environment along with health care and all the stupidness going on in the USA for the past few decades is the reason I became a dual national. My adopted country has shown me a lot more humane actions towards the working class than I ever saw in the USA. I worry about the USA taking the rest of the world down the drain with them with all the insane crap they are spouting....