Home | About | Donate

Sanders and Warren Celebrated for Returning Donations From Employees at Hedge Funds Linked to Puerto Rico

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/22/sanders-and-warren-celebrated-returning-donations-employees-hedge-funds-linked

Sanders and Warren are the only 2 contenders with integrity. I wish they would run as a team with Sanders as President – and the understanding that it would be a dual Presidency and that if and when he needed to step aside, she would take over. Together they are unbeatable.

Tulsi has great integrity also; however, the corporate media is making damn sure she disappears.

4 Likes

No candidate should take contributions from hedge funds, period.

1 Like

In a perfect world, no candidate would need to raise money to run for elected office.

3 Likes

In a perfect world there would be no money at all. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I never understood this. The money they returned to the capitalists will now get used to screw Puerto Rico even more. Money out of your enemies pocket into your pocket is less power for them and more power for you. Think of it as a Robin Hood tactic, or taxing the rich through other means.

I wish we did not have to fight on this level, but right now, we do.

Yes, great integrity supporting the most bloodthirsty dictator on the planet right now.

“the most bloodthirsty dictator on the planet” - , oh, come on! You are clearly one of those who uncritically suck up the mainstream US propaganda line, at least on this topic. What you referenced was an OPINION piece; “The views expressed in this article are the author’s own and do not necessarily reflect Al Jazeera’s editorial stance.” The author calls for, among other things, “a political transition to a democratic and pluralistic country”. Syria, under Assad, was, before all this blew up led by largely imported NON-Syrian religious bigots, one of the most democratic and pluralistic countries in the Middle East. Admittedly that’s not setting a particularly high benchmark, but then again one might ask how democratic and pluralistic the USA is with its Electoral College and big bucks funding of politicians - among other things…

3 Likes

No, not propaganda line - I get my information from actual Syrian refugees that I know in Canada, a Syrian-Kurdish USAn co-worker, and fellow Syrian leftist authors like Yassin Al Haj Saleh.

They would certainly agree with me that your characterization of Syria as “democratic and pluralistic” under Bashar and his equally vile daddy Hafez Al-Assad is absolutely stupefying in its utter levels of bullshit.

Are you Syrian. Do you Speak and read Arabic??? I notice that you did not even FUCKING READ THE AL-JAZEERA ARTICLE BY A SYRIAN LEFTIST!!! You need to tell my Syrian gay leftist refugee friends - who can never return to Syria or they would face torture and execution in Assad’s prisons what you just wrote. I’m sure they would set you straight with you spitting out all of your teeth.

The US Gabbard-loving red-brown right-left are no leftists, and are not for peace- they are neofascist tin-foil hat kooks.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/08/25/white-supremacist-support-for-assad/

We don’t “have to fight on this level” and Bernie’s huge fundraising via small donors proves it.

By the way, Hillary outspent Trump in 2016 – how’d that work out?

1 Like

One nice big heart for that thought.

We have no business being there. Let Russia, Turkey, and Israel screw around in Syria if they must.
Gabbard’s single digit polling puts her out of the picture anyway.
We don’t have the time and energy to think about her positions any more.
I like her though.

What a MORONIC COMMENT!!! You sound exactly like corporate media! You eat propaganda like termites eat wood. WAKE UP and get FACTS on that situation before you post some blather!

1 Like

I agree with you to a certain extent. However, it looks terrible. If you are a candidate and you take money from sources antithetical to your message, then your credibility is compromised. Sure you can take bad money and turn it into something beautiful, but how can you expect people to trust in that?

Speaking of trust issues, since Sarah Sanders Huckster has joined the Fox Noise fake news network do we start a new ledger for her lies, or do we continue with the old one she built with trumpenstein?