Home | About | Donate

Sanders Blasts Republicans for Corporate-Funded Climate Denialism

I think we all have to register Dem and vote for Bernie in the Primaries. Then dump the Dems if Hillary wins Dem nomination.

It's the only sane future we can come up with. Republicans and fossil fuel trolls like JJ are leading us into extinction claiming that literal human rights violations in war are everything, and that we must be purists and throw the baby out with the bathwater.

We progressives have got to come to terms with the fact that there is no anti-war candidate. At least we have a Green Candidate with a track record of getting on important Senate Committees and drawing large crowds.

We gotta feel the Bern!

Dear Mr. Jefferson:
While I like your idea of voting for Bernie in the primaries, I want to add what you AND OTHERS can do to make Bernie's winning the primary more certain: PLEASE go to www.citizensagainstplutocracy.org and take the pledge TO WRITE IN BERNIE if the snarky corrupt Debbie Wasserman Schultz et. al. who for some unknown reason are supporting SlickWillieShillary try to cram HRC down our reasonable Progressive throats.

The # of pledges is BEING NOTICED on a national level. It was just mentioned in a HuffPost article as being "upwards of 25,000." I can assure you that the # is much higher! AND, this is truly a case of 'the more, the merrier.' As the # of pledgees continues to climb, BERNIE gets more and more leverage. This might seem a trivial thing to do but I can assure you, it is not; furthermore, it costs you nothing/;zero/nada, takes almost no time to do, but the cumulative effect of thousands of us taking the pledge will make a HUGE difference.

While I cannot for the life of me understand why unions-working people-would endorse Shillary the Hawk the Wall Street hack---perhaps the rank and file don't support HRC but corrupt leadership expects to "get something in return"??? And there are otherwise MOC that I have supported who have also come out in favor of her-weird. I'm backing Keith Ellison, one sensible MOC who has seen Bernie for the gem that he is. Mebbe others are still stuck in the patriarchal paradigm? I for one admire & support The Bern because he has promised that "war is a LAST resort."

I could go on and on for all the many reasons I am pushing the pledge and talking up BERNIE every chance I get, but I think that I just might be preaching to the choir here? At least everybody I talk to is excited about BERNIE!

Bernie is the only Dem or GOP candidate with a track record of attempting to restore regulation of Wall Street. Seeing how Wall Street is the world's primary promoter of war, the first step in any serious anti-war strategy is to control those who promote and finance war. History has shown that in order to last, change must be executed one step at a time.

Some unions are still loyal to the rank and file while many others are no different than any business looking out for its own top dogs, many of whom are way too chummy with the rank and file's employers and corporate democrats.

Although I paid dues to a union that hard wired too many of those dues into corporate democrat coffers, I became comfortable writing-in ever since suffering a serious case of buyer's remorse after voting Clinton in 1992 and have since voted third party in presidential elections. I nearly always vote for a write-in in Senate and Congressional races since my state is top two, hence the general election ballot usually includes only a corporate democrat and a corporate GOP candidate.

"apparently thinks having an SUV in your driveway is more dangerous than a bunch of terrorists trying to blow up the world."

Whatever ISIS may be doing, they cannot blow up the world. That would take a great deal of explosive. However, each one of us having and using an SUV is certainly going to make our world's climate hotter than any terrorist's wildest dreams. Maybe ISIS should start manufacturing and selling cars rather than killing people? That would most certainly help wreck civilisation as we know it.

If one did not know who these Republican climate liars and science deniers candidates were, one would think they all were a bunch of kooks that just escaped from an insane asylum!

A very sane post - laying the cards on the table. If progressives don't support the progressive candidate the only thing that will happen is that oligarchy will win and the environment will lose.

Oh yeah those who claim that it is better to not vote at all or to vote for one of the can't win token candidates will guarantee that our very militarist former Sec of State will talk of war ... as president

Did anyone ever check on the IQ and college grades of Ted Cruz and Mike Huckabee? Or for that matter the whole GOP line up? Some of the stuff they say shows such ignorance that it seems as if they have no education.

I have done it already. I think there cannot be a better election than this one to not pick the lesser of two evils. HRC is a Republican is far as I am concerned.

Thank you and I just did. Now I am looking to convince two others to do the same.

We are indeed fortunate that there are still some politicians with moral compass and integrity - the list of these is very short but Bernie Sanders ranks high and even with some warts is one of the few.

There are many RepubliCons who spew more filth than any coal-fired power-plant, notable among them is Sen Jim Inhofe who never fails to astonish with his over the top ignorant statements on MMGW pushing the "grestest hoax" BS about climate change - arrogant bible/mythology-based stupidity that known no bounds! A lack of comprehensive education or "education" that is essentially indoctrination or limited to "religious" propaganda and mythology is perhasps the greatest threat to the entire planet! People who make political or scientific decisions based on fantasy are a threat to all.

http://www.desmogblog.com/james-inhofe
“Thus far no one has seriously demonstrated any scientific proof that increased global temperatures would lead to the catastrophes predicted by alarmists. In fact, it appears that just the opposite is true: that increases in global temperatures may have a beneficial effect on how we live our lives.”

“… for the alarmists, global warming has nothing to do with science or scientific inquiry. Science is not about the inquiry to discover truth, but a mask to achieve an ideological agenda. For some, this issue has become a secular religion, pure and simple.”

“Genesis 8:22 that I use [in The Greatest Hoax] is that as long as the Earth remains there will be springtime, harvest, cold and heat, winter and summer, day and night. My point is, God's still up there, and the arrogance of people who think that we, human beings, would be able to change what he is doing in the climate is to me outrageous.” above quotes from Inhofe

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/05/candidates-bible-views-noahs-ark-donald-trump-ben-carson - a very revealing excellent commentary

Bernie Sanders [official] on Climate Change & the Environment: Unless we take bold action to address climate change, our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren are going to look back on this period in history and ask a very simple question: Where were they?

Bernie Sanders on #ClimateChange: Bernie strongly believes climate change is real, catastrophic, and largely caused by human activities. He believes only aggressive immediate action can offset its future impacts. He often refers to it as the “great planetary crisis we now face”. Bernie unabashedly stands behind the findings of the National Climate Assessment and the IPCC’s fifth assessment report.

Sanders uses reason and educates himself by listening to others. Let's this time try someone rational instead of being "popular" like Reagan and every president since.