Home | About | Donate

Sanders Brings in $18+ Million in First Quarter With Nearly 900,000 Donations Averaging $20

Sanders Brings in $18+ Million in First Quarter With Nearly 900,000 Donations Averaging $20

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign announced Tuesday that it raised $18.2 million from just under 900,000 individual donations during the first quarter of 2019.

Sanders' first quarter haul tops all other 2020 Democratic candidates who have reported their fundraising totals. Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) raised $12 million in the first quarter, and South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg raised $7 million.

Faiz Shakir, Sanders' campaign manager, said during a press call that 88 percent of the donations were $200 or less, and the average donation was $20.

3 Likes

Looks like Kamala was able to put together a chunk of money. before or after her meeting in her office with AIPAC. I wonder if some one forgot their briefcase .

10 Likes

Where have I heard this story before? Has Bernie pledged his support to whomever wins the democratic nomination again?

1 Like

Bernie would have won, unlike Clinton who thought it was owed to her.

9 Likes

It’s not so subtle anymore. She probably did a selfie with an open briefcase full of cash.

2 Likes

Then took it home to spread it on top of the Bed,

1 Like

I would politely recommend to not feed the trolls.

0 Likes

And then jumped onto the pile while throwing wads of bills into the air with a gleeful smirk.

0 Likes

Proud to be one of the many.

6 Likes

Bernie and Harris brought in millions… so what? All I care about is who’s gonna help the people … Not how much money they raised.

0 Likes

Billionaires, billionaire and billionaires versus voters; they outnumber us 3 to 1. I suppose what matters is who does the counting.

0 Likes

Can you imagine the over-the-top gaga reporting from the sold-out corporate media if Beto O’Rourke had done this? Sanders does this, and… crickets.

10 Likes

We know Bernie supported the corrupt lady of Wall Street in 2016 and will likely support the nomination of Biden in 2020.

2 Likes

Bernie Sanders for President in 2020! The only human being with enough brains and compassion to win in 2020 , and have a clear 2020 vision for the future! Peace

5 Likes

EVD:
Where have I heard this story before? Has Bernie pledged his support to whomever wins the democratic nomination again?

Molly: Bernie would have won, unlike Clinton who thought it was owed to her.

I believe that Bernie has had to PLEDGE his support o whomever wins the D/nomination?

While Bernie at one point in the campaign made clear how vile Hillary was – and I’d add
to that with her warmongering against Russia and backing for AIPAC/Netanyahu that she
also took KAINEas her VP who I think was anti-reproductive freedom/abortion?
But certainly not a liberal. So, two vile candidates – and with all of the History of Hill/Bill behind her.

There is every possibility that if Bernie succeeds that he might get seriously pushed around
a bit – we might have seen some of this in the last campaign where my guess was that he
was refusing to support Hillary. This year I think there is a very definite PLEDGE/agreement
that was enforced to run under the Dem banner – wasn’t there?
That necessity might have come about because of Bernie’s attempt not to support her.

There is of course a lot of DARK $$ around to be taken, as well.

Guitman –
Bernie and Harris brought in millions… so what? All I care about is who’s gonna help the people … Not how much money they raised.

Unfortunately, Elites have now created elections which are based on money and the public has
thrown in their ante to try to beat them. No one will get to represent the people until they too
and their supporters can buy a share of government.

2 Likes

How about everyone on here writing a letter to Mr, Sanders and all to ask if he has a plan in place when the DCCC pushes him under the bus?

3 Likes

I believe that’s a necessary PLEDGE now in order for any candidate to run under
the Dem banner …

But in return we get another year long campaign (though I’m not sure if it’s actually a year)
to wake up the public. We have to hope that others will fall when truth of their corporate
connections become public – and/or in case of Biden when videos showing his perversions
are circulated.

The money might also stop if there is any indication that the FIX is in again –

What IF Jill Stein joined the Dem Party and did the same thing Bernie is doing?

Bernie also needs a very strong VP and it should be a female – AOC?

Getting the anti-corporate message out is everything – imo.

MOLES in this case can help us –

BY THE WAY …

“New Dems” were on C-span this weekend –
featured was JOHN YOO!! of the torturing You’s –
and an Evangelical rep. his organization – and Third Way –
didn’t see all of it, but have some notes on it I can add somewhere later –
This also included Scott Peters and another Dem in office.
These were various panels which went on over the day for hours -
C-span is doing a lot of organizations w/panel discussions.

but, no mention of KOCH Bros. –

But every attempt to appear legitimate.

1 Like

AOC would be a great choice, but she’s not old enough.

0 Likes

That’s because They are scared shitless about Sanders. Whack job Beto is just another bull shit Billionaire that’s just like them, who poses no threat.

1 Like

Right on! I’m a Senior too, and find it beyond disturbing that They… are quietly systematically eliminating us!!! Seniors need to get our shit together and stop voting in the same crooks who are behind the Plan! Main goal is to dump Trump. Next vote for the Candidate who is not a liar and who’s platform involves Single Payer. That is… if you want to stay alive and not live in the gutter. Common sense.

2 Likes