Home | About | Donate

Sanders Campaign Demands Washington Post Retract 'Fact Check' of Medical Bankruptcies Remarks

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/31/sanders-campaign-demands-washington-post-retract-fact-check-medical-bankruptcies

7 Likes

medical induced personal bankruptcy is a plague on our peoples.
Locally, we have attorneys who only handle bankruptcies.

Others work in social security, vehicle accidents, workman’s compensation cases.

The loss of credit worthiness due to unfortunate lack of healthcare insurance or the carrier does not cover the particular ailment. A top notch, high quality bearing manufacturer in Indiana provides a $20,000 deductible health care insurance. They pay workers only $30,000 gross earnings per year. If they or any family member has major surgery, they will have to file bankruptcy because what they owe hospital and surgeon is far more than their net worth.

17 Likes

Young peoples advise me that washington post and NY times are ‘government news’.
NYT page 29 on sunday has international news worthy of a read. They tell me.

Channel surfing quickly thru cabal news and business offerings = same

5 Likes

at this point, if anyone is taking WaPo or the NYT seriously in politics that’s on them. The oligarchy’s making no secret that they’ll try anything and say anything to stop Sanders.

25 Likes

Thankfully, there are alternatives to the M$M:

10 Likes

This is an example of the reason(s) why we need Bernie. This is an example of why we need Commondreams.

13 Likes

Both WaPo and NYT should be held accountable to publish correct information. The fact that they are “government rags” does not absolve either from getting the fact straight

17 Likes

Showing that both you and drone 1066 are 1000% more correct in your remarks than WaPo has been in years.
Sen. Sanders has really gotten under " Buzzy " Bezos & The WaPo Mobs’ collective snakeskin boots. As a result they all have a bad case of foot-in-mouth disease from washing each others backs(sides?) everyday in The Swamp.
Keep it up Sandernistas. The Swamp is wigging out.

16 Likes

Just more of this:
Twitter sleuths uncover an anti-Sanders conspiracy — and the pundit class is furious

10 Likes

The replies to the story will become exercises in hair-splitting, until the story is forgotten. Only the hair-splitting arguments will remain to be passed along and haphazardly discussed. Another example of lowering the level of discourse. Trump is sending us well below the “bar”.

1 Like

I heard the YouTube progressive commentator Kyle Kulinski say that the truly ironic thing about this is that WaPo had previously used the same study as an authoritative source, and the Sanders likely cited the study based on seeing it used in WaPo.
I hope Bernie continues to fight against the mainstream corporate media, as they are an enemy of democracy.

8 Likes

Fake news (WAPO/NYT) reporting fake news about fake news can’t be ‘fact’ checked.

3 Likes

No offense but Trumpster has no " below the bar ". He only has the bar floor along with all the other nut shells residing there.
Truth be told, Trump and his enablers, are sending many good people to the nearest bar. An example: a rather famous " foodie " told us that Trump’s tariffs are going to shut down importers of products that small niche businesses rely on to survive. With no replacement of equal quality and price that’s made in America. The tariffs will simply allow inferior products to be sold at much higher margins.
So it goes…

4 Likes

I’m loving the new “PUSH BACK AT 'EM BERNIE”!!!

7 Likes

They are the same people who were calling out Pravda, back in the day.

2 Likes

Twitter sleuths
Twitter sleuths
Gotta love the ole gum shoes
turn on a dime,
gettin the skinny
and twisting the knickers
of the sharpster tricksters

Were we not reading a week or two ago–if not on this news aggregator web site then on another–an article about senior staff at WaPo vehemently denying that their owner (sic) had no influence on what they wrote?

3 Likes

WAPO is in full sanders attack mode and Hillarybots are backing WAPO. I posted a reply to a particularly nasty comment by a Hillarybot and got 6 thumbs up and about 6 nasty replies of which I replied in turn. Keep fighting progressives!!

5 Likes

If that did happen, the two rags would both have to publish these headlines: ANYBODY BUT BERNIE.

1 Like

anyone who reads “between the lines” knows that this is their code(x)

2 Likes