Home | About | Donate

Sanders Confirms He'll Remain Independent for 2018 Re-election Run

Sanders Confirms He'll Remain Independent for 2018 Re-election Run

Jon Queally, staff writer

"That's what I've been doing for a long time and that's what I'll continue to do."

Now all we have to do is survive these years of Trump!

Resist

Resist indeed.

And prepare for the coming People’s Revolution.

Why on earth would the Senator what to “join” the democrats when he is the back-bone of said party? He is their teacher and they are his students and they want him to “join” them? Absurd.

I think Sanders originally became an independent to run against Democrats in Vermont. Now of course he is a Democrat in all but party label. I don’t see any sense in keeping the independent label but I guess Bernie must find there is some value to it. His comfort zone does seem to be as outsider so I guess this lets him take that role even while really being a Democrat.

These days any traditional Democrat, say a New Deal supporter, would have to run as an outsider considering the zombies posing as the current DNC/Democratic party.

As I’ve said here before, my Grandfather, a staunch Roosevelt supporter, is rolling in his grave.

I hope senator Sanders would run as an independent this time and stick with it because the democratic party has it’s main roots in Zionism and fascism.

Why would Bernie join the Democratic Party? The Democratic Party needs to join Bernie, if they want to start winning.

In more interesting news,

"More than 20,000 people flooded the event page Friday morning for U.S. senator and former Democratic leadership candidate Bernie Sanders’ upcoming visit to the University of Toronto.

“Due to the overwhelming response, the event sold out in one minute.” The event, on Oct. 29, will be livestreamed. https://www.utoronto.ca/news/bernie-sanders-event-u-t-sells-out-talk-will-be-livestreamed

Independents with conscience who are progressives cannot join Democrats while Democrats are acting as warmongers on behalf of oligarchs-- as supreme classists. Let the Democrats be reformed first, then they can expect we “outsiders” to join.

Jews have no control over Congress. You’re thinking of the fascist Bilderberg Oligarchy and their lobbyists, who also control the Republican Party as well.

I supported Bernie in the last selection for POTUS, but in my view, Bernie has absolutely no chance in 2020 no matter how much grass roots support he gets. It is abundantly evident to me that Bernie was used by the selectors as nothing but a dog in the dog and pony show in 2016!

Wouldn’t this have been somewhat like asking Jesus to lead the Pharisees in fundraising for the new bank inside the Temple?

But first, make sure that all the People are unarmed.

As I see it Bernie goes back and forth between wanting to be a Democrat and wanting to be an independent. He ran as a Democrat in the primary and often talks as though he is a Democrat. However, sometimes he talks refers to the Democrats as them. His foreign policy is pretty much in line with the Democratic Party. He voted for every intervention except Iraq and has supported funding of all interventions. He supports the use of drones and special forces operations. While he doesn’t accept money from corporations like most Democrats he also doesn’t run for office in a state with a large media market. If he ran in a state like California or Florida it is hard to see how he could compete without accepting money from corporations. Bernie’s voting record is pretty similar to most Democrats. He and Hillary Clinton voted the same way on 93% of the votes when they served in the Senate at the same time. One policy on which Bernie’s view differs probably from all Democrats is free trade. He opposes all free trade agreements. I would say Democrats selectively support or oppose free trade agreements. Many people who support Bernie Sanders are to the left of him politically. Certainly many of those people to his left would not be willing to the join the Democrats, particularly when it comes to issues involving foreign policy.

“His foreign policy is pretty much in line with the Democratic Party. He voted for every intervention except Iraq and has supported funding of all interventions. He supports the use of drones and special forces operations.”

“Bernie’s voting record is pretty similar to most Democrats. He and Hillary Clinton voted the same way on 93% of the votes when they served in the Senate at the same time.”

Add to this the fact the Bernie is a staunch Zionist (despite his occasional “pro-Palestinian” rhetoric, which is Zionism light at best) and you have a typical faux-progressive. If we support someone who supports U.S. Empire and war-mongering, and who also supports the racist regime in Israel, we get nowhere. Until U.S. Foreign policy changes none of the progressive blatherings of folks like Sanders have much meaning.

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about. Bernie has a very long history of being part of small grassroots parties both as the mayor of Burlington and then in running for state wide office. He was in large part responsible for destroying the corrupt democratic psuedoalliance that had long dominated Burlington city government. He was most responsible for making burlington one of the most livable cities in the US.

Spoken like a true corporate Democrat. Were you not watching in 2016 when he ran for president and raised enormous amounts of money without taking any corporate cash?

No offense, but that’s hilarious. How many Dim Senators are Jewish? It used to be 19, now with Boxer out and Harris in, that’s 18, maybe 17.
It’s probably just a coincidence like having 5 Cathollic SCOTUS members and abortion rights being restricted and continually narrowed, right?

Neoliberal Democrats desperately protecting their bribes, trying to maintain a rigged system.

Go Bernie!

It’s plain to see now that any candidate who gets the average person excited and raises more money than any other candidate with $27 apiece donations with will rejected by the democratic party.