Home | About | Donate

Sanders, Cummings Demand DOJ Investigate Pharma Giants for 'Sick and Disgraceful' Price-Fixing Conspiracy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/14/sanders-cummings-demand-doj-investigate-pharma-giants-sick-and-disgraceful-price

3 Likes

Bernie Sanders and Elijah Cummings are in the fight FOR THE PEOPLE. It is as simple as that. Yes, they are restrained by the political system in which they operate. If you are not one of the PEOPLE then you should not care about their message. If you are, I believe that you should treasure their efforts. Let’s not close the window on the PEOPLE–not when we have one who has consistently championed the CAUSE. (That he has had to acquiesce to political realities in the past [i.e. HRC 2016–would you please contemplate that option over what happened] is testament to his grounding in reality–a reality he very much wants to make better for ALL.)
Bernie 2020!

10 Likes

" > The more the people understand, the more watchful they become, and the more they come to realize that finally everything depends on them and their salvation lies in their own cohesion, in the true understanding of their interests, and in knowing who their enemies are. The people come to understand that wealth is not the fruit of labor but the result of organized, protected robbery."

Frantz Fanon, [The Wretched of the Earth

4 Likes

Bernie is not afraid to call out anyone. He’s the hardest working candidate of the bunch. Now he’s after Big Pharma Execs who are beyond Crooks, they are Murderers for killing people who need their medication. Their names should be highlighted in many articles so the people know who they are, then arrested and Locked Up for Life.

6 Likes

Still doing his day job while running for president.

ya gotta like that!

5 Likes

Again Bernie Sanders doing HIS fucking job, WHILE also running a Presidential campaign. Sanders IS the real deal!

4 Likes

I love Bernie too, but please don’t get too attached to him.

We all know what the Nancy/Chuck/DNC show is going to produce.

Groping Joe.

He even has Anita Hill in his corner now. Wonder what that took to get her to do that?

Prepare to be disappointed. It’s what the Democratic Party Establishment does.

And don’t fucking reward them for it next year.

1 Like

Should a been done long ago…

They have a war against the people jacking up the price of pharmaceuticals.

They have a war against the journalists and the people, hiding the truth, replacing it with endless lies.

Now, they’re manufacturing a new war, again to distract from telling the truth about how the powers that be wish to keep a subhuman at the helm of our ship of state.

Demand, demand, demand.

Distract, distract, distract.

Lie, lie, lie.

And on November 6th, 2020 the Zombies will do the Duopoly Schuffle all the way to the voting booths.

Demand, demand, demand.

What?

That we use our brains?

Not a fucking chance.

Here’s my non-feasible idea for a profound fix to this issue.

It’s so simple. We just charge the National Institute of Health with the responsibility for researching and developing drugs. Private for-profit R&D is motivated solely by the financial bottom line. The NIH could develop the drugs we need without focusing only on the most profitable. We could be so kind as to, once the NIH has done the R&D, to allow the private drug corporations to handle the retail end of the system. The NIH could thereby control costs, quality, and possibly PR associated with marketing.

No more debating whether to allow Medicare to bargain for drug prices - ridiculous! Our current market system, assisted by NIH R&D, has made excessive profits while not necessarily producing what we need, what we want, or what we can afford.

5 Likes

The DOJ doesn’t exist to serve the interests of the people of this nation. That was a thing of the past.

3 Likes

Pharma SMIRKS while Americans die.

1 Like

Such is the power of continuity, disrupt continuity and only long established agency predicts the rules. Wish there was a pill for that.

1 Like

Creative thinking has to be done in more than one level of our life’s. But these EVIL things that have all the money, just don’t want ( we the people ) to think at all. Never mind to having a creative thought of your own. Just fear us and shut the F@%* up. Ask me and I would say. Their collective B.S. is in the midst of running it course. From their myoginstic ways to their racist and race baiting ways. From stealing our money to treating us like a bunch of 3 year olds. Hey AMERICA have you heard!?. It’s ok you can think and make your own choices. Do it like it means something to you AMERICA. Time for a reality check AMERICA. If we don’t come together. We will find ourselves in an AUTHORATARIAN state. I. E. some worse than the dump truck we have now. Ouch…chew on that.

In other words: No more Blue No Matter Who